Himchan.. your childhood friend

Imagine You turned to face that abandoned playground and the run-down park which used to be your hang-out place after school with your childhood friend, Himchan. Every time you return from work, that'll always be the place you'll pass by and you couldn't deny how relishing those memories are a heartache at times. 

*FLASHBACK* 

HC:"____-ah, i'm leaving..." 
You:"Oh okay, see you tomorrow!" You waved at him. Being in elementary school, you obviously think of it that way. 
HC:"No, not that... i'll be leaving Korea soon." 
You:"Waeyo?" Your eyes were teary and he wiped them away. 

He led you to the treehouse which you both conquer. He packed those drawings that you drew and kept them nicely into his backpack. 

HC:"I'll keep these with me. So if i miss you, i'll take a look at these drawings." Himchan shone a dorky smile at you and you cried even more. He hugged you and patted your back. 

HC:"Uljima... Oppa will come back"
You:"Jinjja? When?" 
HC:"I dont know, but i'll come back a few years later. I'll be sure to meet you, ___-ah." 

With that, he embraced you once more and messed your hair lightly.

*END OF FLASHBACK* 

But that was years ago. Those were silly promises that kids usually make. You weren't even sure if he would return or not. Thinking of it all made you sigh because you weren't sure if he'll keep his promise. 

11 years. 11 years had passed and there were no contacts between you both. He promised that he would exchange letters but no, that never came. Even though that place was somewhere you would pass by every day, you felt like reliving those moments back once more. 

You climbed the treehouse with your heels and handbag. The scarf around your neck, you uncoil them as the treehouse was pretty much warm. There was a colour pencil placed in between the cracks on the floor. It was supossed to be a keychain that you both had made. Remembering how it comes about, you looked at your handbag. The keychain was hanged there. 

Before you could let a tear escape because of a futile promise, you hurriedly wore your heels back again and went down the stairs to reach the ground floor. You are a capable woman with much wealth and authority but the reason why you didnt want to get a bigger property which fits your status is because you had been waiting for Himchan's return every single day.

You proceeded with the long walk as you relished every sweet moments you shared with Himchan. But as you walk through the park, you noticed something unusual. On one of those trees, there was a flyer stapled on it and you approached it to see what it was. 

You certainly remembered how your drawings looked like. And that flyer was a disclaimer flyer, asking the owner to claim its drawing. It stated above there, 'Wanted'. But the strangest thing was that, you saw more of your drawings being stapled on the next few trees amd eventually, it turned out to be the row of trees. 

You walked to each tree and pulled away those flyers as they were so embarrassing to look at. But something crossed your mind and you thought of the possibilities that it might be a long lost friend of yours who did them all. 

As it was the last tree you pulled the flyer away, you realised that it was a small-rounded place with a bench. There stood a tall figure. You had no idea who it was but you thought that from his back, you really liked the view of it. He seemed so charming even though you didn't know how he looked like.

You:"Excuse me, Mr. Whoever-You-Are, did you staple them all up there?" 

He turned around with his hands in his pockets. The way he turned and all, it wasn't anyone you recognise. His cherry-like lips, his seemingly nice maroon hair, it was so breath-taking.

HC:"Yes, I did." He stayed at his spot and smirked. 
You:"Who are you? I don't even know you, how could you have kept all my drawings? I mean... you're creepy..." 
HC:"I see you still have that keychain, huh?" 

You looked down at your handbag and stepped back. 

You:"K-kim Himchan?" He cracked a wider smile on his face. 
HC:"Sorry I couldn't come any sooner, ____-ah." He approached you slowly and wrapped his warm arms around your shoulders.

HC:"I missed you so much." His husky voice sounded as he swayed your body as he gave you that hug. 
You:"I hate you. You make me look forward to each day, thinking that you'd be here back again but for 11 years, nothing happened. 
HC:"I'm sorry, ____-ah... i'm now here, right?" He wiped away your tears like before and cupped your face into his hands.

You:"Am I dreaming, perhaps?" You asked as you rubbed your eyes.
HC:"I'm not sure either. You need me to clarify it for you?" It wasn't actually a question as he was about to do it anyway. 

He leaned forward slowly and gave you a smooch on the lips. You could feel your heart beating faster than before and never before a guy made your heart race that much. 

HC:"Do you think that was a dream?" Your cheeks were getting heated up and you covered them with your own hands so that he couldn't see it. 

But Himchan pushed your hands away and carressed your cheeks.

HC:"You grew up beautifully. I regret for not living the rest of my childhood days with this beautiful lady here. Tell me what i've missed out on?" He held your hands in his and pulled you to where the tree house was.

He climbed the tree house and offered his hands to you and you climbed up as well. Honestly, the place became rather small already for the both of you. So he took his shoes off and sat cross-legged as he studied the remaining paintings and drawings on the wooden wall.

HC:"Haha, how cute this is. And this, oh my, was i such a terrible artist back then?" He picked up the piece of dirty and classic paper. You didnt want him out of your sight so you kept an eye on him for so long. Realising how charming he looked like whenever he smile, you knew that you already fell in love with him. 

As you were deep in your thoughts, you didn't realise that he crawled next to you and gazed at you too. He then waved his hands in front of you and you jerked in surprise. 

HC:"Back to earth? haha, ____-ah, i'll be in Korea for a week."

His words easily made your heart sank once more. 

You:"Are you leaving, again?" Unfortunately you couldn't control those tears and as they poured out, you stood up and wore your heels.

HC:"___-ah, wait..." 

You:"If you ever thought of leaving me again like before, then why return?! Do you realise how selfish you are? I never consider moving out of this place even though there are much more nicer and beautiful houses out there. I lived here with much hope that you're going to return and stay for good. You're just so bad and stupid to care about your own feelings! Then how about mine?..." You bawled and Himchan pulled you in for a hug.

HC:"Which is why I came here. I came to bring you along with me." You had a change of heart. It turned from heavy to light-weighted. You know you looked horrible even when there was no mirror to prove it but Himchan took out a tissue and wiped those tears and running nose you had. He laughed at your silly thoughts.

You:"You came for...me?" He nodded like the boy he was. 

HC:"So will you come with me?" He took your hand and intertwined his fingers with yours. You gladly smiled and nodded too. 

It made him punch a fist in the air as you accepted his request. 

HC:"Thank you, ___-ah, sorry for those painful years... i'll make up for it with the rest of my life." He was all excited and gave you a peck on the forehead. -END-

-Sorry it takes long! i'm working on the #imagines through mobile :O -Admin Ry