CH.6 THE TRIAL: THE PEOPLE VS GUTS

Eren gasped as he opened his eyes to find himself looking at a dark ceiling. He slowly got up and moved his arms, only to find them bound to chains.

"I see you're finally awake." a voice said.

Eren looked over to see he was behind bars; however, in front of the bars were two men that Eren immediately recognized.

The one sitting down on a chair was Commander Erwin Smith, commandant of the survey corp. The one standing up and leaning against the wall was Captain Levi. They were both members of the scout regiment with astounding skills.

"Do you have any questions, Eren?" Erwin asked.

"Where am I?" Eren asked as he looked around the room he was in.

"You're now in an underground cell," Erwin answered, "As of now, you're under the Military Police's custody. We were granted permission to come and see you."

"What about my friends?" Eren asked.

"They'll be fine," Erwin answered, "We're asking them anything that could be related to how you got your titan power. However, it probably won't be much of a change."

Eren widened his eyes as he saw Erwin pull out a key. "That's the-"

"Yes, this is your key," Erwin interrupted, "You can have it back later, but back in your old home, in Doctor Jaeger's basement in the shingashina District, lies the answer to the mystery of the titans. Am I correct?"

"I'm not sure, at least I believe that's what my father said," Eren answered, still unsure.

"So you have amnesia and your dad's gone missing. Isn't that convenient," Levi remarked.

"Levi, we already talked about how he has no reason to lie to us," Erwin told him, before turning back to Eren, "There are things we need to know. I believe we should ask, what is it you want? In order to investigate your home, we need to seal the breach in the wall. That is where you and possibly the black swordsman come in. Like it or not, the titans have influenced our fate, including the Colossal and Armored Titan. Your will is the key: the key humanity could use to get out of this hopeless situation."

"Uh..." Eren trailed off, not knowing what to say. "Hey, we don't have all day you piece of crap. What do you want?" Levi demanded with irritation.

 What do you want?" Levi demanded with irritation