CH. 3 PEOPLE ARE STRANGE WHEN YOU ARE A STRANGER

CRASH!!!

Jean crashed through the glass and skidded across the wooden floor of their HQ. He made it in one piece. He looked up to see his other comrades crash through the glass windows and land on the floor. "How many made it?" Marco asked.

They heard a small rumbling noise as the door burst open and turned around to see the three cadets from earlier as the were all breathless and tired

"How did you-?" Jean began to question, but sees that the three cadets were exhausted with one of them falling forward and rolling onto his back, breathing heavily. with the other resting against a wall controlling his breath and the last passed out on the ground

"That (pant) that Guts guy is faster than- than the horses!" Tom exasperated. He and the other two ran like no other. Not only to keep up with guts but avoid the titans. With that they were amazed by how guts handle the titans not letting any of the get near the downed cadets.

Some of the soldiers looked through the broken window to see guts on the ground and holding off the titans. Jean didn't look. He was too deep into his thoughts to think.

If that guy wasn't there, more comrades could've died under my command. Jean thought, 'We already lost a good amount of them already.'

Jean turned around and saw two soldiers hiding under a desk with a horrified look on their face. One just sat there, while the other soldier was crying. The crying soldier had blood on her uniform she didn't bother wiping off.

"Aren't you guys with the supply team?" Jean asked.

"Yeah," the horrified soldier answered.

Rage took over, as Jean dragged him out from under the desk and gripped his uniform. He gave him a punch in the face, causing him to fall to the floor unconscious. Before Jean could do anything else to hurt him, Marco held him back with his arms.

"Stop it!" Marco yelled.

"They're the ones who abandoned us!" Jean yelled at the two, "Because of you, more died than was necessary!"

"Titans came into the area!" The crying soldier reasoned, "We couldn't do anything!"

"Doing something is your job!" Jean retorted. They all heard rumbling from outside as it got closer and closer to the building.

"Get down!" Reiner yelled, but it was too late. A titan used its face to create a large hole in the headquarters. The force sent the soldiers in the room flying back.

"Damn it!" Jean cursed as he got up and looked back, "Too many people are in one place!"

The soldiers inside the building began to run deeper into the building for their lives. Some told everyone to hurry up, others asked where Mikasa was, only for others to say she ran out of gas and was eaten.

This a is normal Jean thought as he was greeted with two disturbing smiles, This is reality. Was my hope just an impossible dream? I should have known that this is reality. It should've been a simple enough realization, that we could never beat something so huge.

Jean widened his eyes as he felt the world around him slow down. A large hand shaped into a fist collided with the first titan's face. The face was slowly deforming as it made contact with the other face.

"What?" Jean gasped, as the realization hit him. The two titans were punched off of headquarters by another titan. The new titan let out a terrifying roar at the other two titans he punched.