72 - Black Dragon - White Phoenix [The End]

Start from the beginning

"...maybe he wouldn't die for you in the future...not for you."

"What do you mean?!"

"First, he still doesn't know anything about the chess room or his real mission inside the Main Family."

"Does not?!"

"Second...if he is like his mother, he would probably sacrifice himself for someone else."

"Who?!"

"I believe Vegas and Phong have feelings for each other. Actually, I'm sure of it."

"Are you serious?!"

"My son never cared for a lover, but ironically, he cares about Phong, as I was informed. If Phong chooses Vegas, Korn will hurt Phong to get to him and me. If Vegas chooses Phong, the white council will hurt Vegas to get to Phong. I can't stop two clans from hurting them."

"Haha..."

"Why are you laughing, Lian?! This is serious!"

"I'm sorry...but it's curious how life works. Phong saved me from Vegas back then...and now I have to save your son."

"I apologize for the past, Lian. I really need your help. You will be saving Pete too...your savior."

"Mhmm. I owe him indeed. I owe you."

"I'm not demanding retribution from you. I'm humbly asking you as a friend."

"Don't worry, Khun Kan. I understand. I care about Pete, anyway."

"There's another reason to separate them."

"Which one?!"

"I'm not sure if...I...before my marriage I had feelings for Phong's mother and I'm not sure if I..."

"I'm sure you know there's a test for that, sir."

"Maybe it's too late. I know this is too much to ask, but please, save them both, Lian. Save them both."

"I see...I'll do my best, sir. Vegas and Phong shall never be together."

"Thank you...thank you so much, kid. I know I can count on you."

...

Pete's POV (present)

"I was told Theerapanyakul grandfather created two red queen keys, for both his younger children. As he punished Korn for not marrying a Japanese Yakuza daughter, he gave the black key to Khun Kan, and red keys to Korn and his adopted daughter. Khun Kan kept his sister's key when she supposedly died and asked me to give it to Porsche. I handed the key to Sanya, who delivered to Porsche during your weapon negotiation and introduced him to the Chess Room world as I instructed him to do."

"Did Porsche issue the assassination order for Pete?" Vegas frowned.

"I don't know. He was not verified by that time. He could not use the key until inheritance verification in Taipei. We took the opportunity everybody was focused on the auction and sudden White Queen supposed presence, and he got verified."

"What?! Was P'Porsche there with us?!" Macau jolts.

"Yes, he was briefly there."

"So he might have used the key when Chumphon Island was attacked." Vegas clenches his fist this time while holding my other hand tight.

"Don't jump to conclusions, Vegas...Porsche did not betray you or me in that extent."

"How can I believe it if even you are not telling me the whole story, Pete?!" Vegas looks at me with disappointed eyes.