68 - For the one I love - part 1

Notice: Final chapter was getting too long, so I divided it in two. This is first part.

Arm's POV - Present

The sun was just beginning to rise when the private jet door opened.

A distinguished man calmly descended the stairs followed by his bodyguards...faces I know.

I glance at Pete, concerned.

He gives me a slight smile.

"There's nothing to worry about, Arm. We are among family.

"Welcome to Hong Kon, Khun Kinn." Pete and I bow slightly to him.

Khun Kinn just returns the greeting with a slight nod, glancing at us, with seriousness.

"Can my men go up with the "goods"?" Pete asks.

"Leave them here. My men will take them inside."

"As you wish..." Pete.

At my signal, bodyguards push two wheelchairs over to where we are.

Hood covers the faces of men confined to wheelchairs.

"Remove it." Khun Kinn says.

Pete translates the order into Mandarin.

Khun Kinn's frowns slightly.

"Don't mind those bruises. Porsche and Yin are just sedated, not dead..."

"What have you done, Pete?!"

"Let's say I helped them to redeem from their sins."

"Does Vegas know about this?!"

"He just knows I had some pets...some tragically died some I'm letting go..."

"I suppose he knows what happened in that old building?!"

"I'm not willing to tell him, actually. Are you willing to tell Porsche?!"

"..."

"Are you willing to tell Porsche we met that day after the incident in the warehouse...you followed me to that old building...and saw what I saw?!" (1)

"..."

"More importantly, are you willing to tell Porsche you're the one that handed him over to me...sir?!"

"Let's keep things this way, Pete. You already had your little revenge."

"So did you."

"Sometimes I wonder If things could have been different, Pete" Khun Kinn pensively responds. "After all, are you going to stay by his side?"

"I stay by the side of the one I love. Aren't you going to be by his?!"

"..."

"In this chess game, all pieces are mixed together...but at the same time all pieces are in their right place."

"I suppose so..."

"Take your queen home...and prepare for the next match...this is not over."

"Next time I will not spare your king."

"I don't care about the white king."

"I'm talking about The Black one."

"As much I have always respected you, sir, next time I will not spare any of you, Red King."

After staring at each other for a while, without batting an eye... without moving a facial muscle, Khun Kinn lightly nods goodbye.

Pete and I bow again.