☬ Why wouldn't you love me? ☬

He had been sober for years, it was one of his strengths. It had taken a lot of willpower to resist the temptations of Thor and his friends, he had become a good drinker without suffering consequences. But that night he walked to that bar with one purpose: to forget about you, if only for a few hours.

Not even a week had passed since the incident, and already you were rubbing your new boyfriend's face on him. He wanted to blame you, but deep down he knew that the only one to blame was him, and Stark for pulling that prank that ended up giving away that he was in love with you.

That morning you were sitting with Loki doing the usual banter and playing chess with him while waiting for the other Avengers to arrive. Suddenly, Tony arrived and made a comment hinting that Loki had feelings for you, but Thor didn't hear correctly and ended up revealing that it was true, confessing to being relieved that he no longer had to keep his secret. Everyone in the room fell silent, watching as Loki disappeared, flushed and humiliated.

Since then, he had been avoiding you. To tell the truth, you hadn't really insisted on going after him, after all, you wanted to give him his space. But things had gotten to the point where he wouldn't show up at a meeting if you were present. He was simply too embarrassed to talk to you. 

But he didn't think that gave you the freedom to be with another man, because earlier that day when everyone said goodbye for the weekend, he saw you hugging a guy with the same smile you gave to people close to you. It was clear that he was someone special in your life, and to top it all off, he kissed you on the cheek, not caring that Loki was standing a few feet away.

Loki relived these images with every drink he ordered, until the barman refused to serve him any more, seriously considering calling an ambulance to check him out; he wasn't really that drunk, but being a god, he consumed far more alcohol than a normal human could handle.

Luckily, he wasn't alone, Steve, Thor and Banner were keeping him company.

"Brother, take it easy, people are starting to look at us," Thor muttered, a little embarrassed.

"I don't give a shit," he laughed. "We've had two bottles and I still remember her."

"That's because she's not just any girl, Loki. You really fell for her," Steve insisted. He'd been trying to explain it to him all night.

"Love, of course," he continued, mocking his own feelings. "Are you really going to tell me that love is that cruel?"

"Yes, it is," Banner added. "That's why you have to enjoy it while it lasts. You should have told her how you felt a long time ago."

Loki gave him a hateful glare before rising from his seat and grabbing him by the shirt.

"What do you know, you beast."

"Hey, take it easy," Steve pulled them apart. "We just want to help you."

"Help me? Then erase her from my memories."

"No offence, brother, but I'm sure that if we could do that, you'd go back to being a villain."

"I'm still a villain," he laughed, then fell silent for several minutes before taking one last drink and smiling mischievously. "Sure, I take what I want. I just do."

"Brother, no!"

But it was too late, Loki transported himself to your flat, determined. He had never been there before, so he took his time admiring the room, your pictures, even your refrigerator and the leftovers you had stored there; he loved your food. But he finally found you, sleeping peacefully in the comfort of your bed.

He stared longingly at your face for several minutes, stroking your cheek and kissing your forehead. For a moment, he regretted the very thought of depriving you of your freedom and forcing you to be with him, but then he saw the photograph on your bedside table. It was you and that guy, embracing.

Anger came over him again, and without wasting another second, he carried you and put you on his back, waking you up. You screamed in fear, but as soon as you were transported to a hotel room you calmed down; he was the only one you knew who could do that.

"Loki," you scrunched up your eyes. "What are you doing?"

He sat you on the bed and then made you lie down, laying on top of you, pinning your arms with his, both legs at your sides.

"You're mine, (Y/N)," he murmured against your lips.

"I'm sorry?"

"I'm a god, remember? I'm a prince, too," he exchanged his urban appearance for his Asgardian costume.

"Yeah, I know. What about it?"

"What about it?" He laughed dryly. "That I can have anything I want, I can take whoever I want."

"You don't need to kidnap me for us to be together, Loki," you laughed. You didn't understand the seriousness of the situation.

"Apparently, I do, little one," he moved dangerously close to your face, his breath brushing your face. "I am Loki Odinson, God of mischief and heir to the Asgardian throne. I have fought glorious battles and visited realms you cannot imagine. Why would you not love me?"

You could see a glint of sadness in his eyes despite his arrogance and self-assurance. He seemed to seek your approval, your affection.

"Why wouldn't you love me?" he said again, hiding his face in your clavicle, breathing heavily.

He let his body lean against yours, without hurting you. Though his skin was always cool, that night, in particular, you felt his warmth more than ever. You placed a hand on the back of his neck, caressing him with your eyes closed and a shy smile on your lips.

"But of course I love you, my king," you whispered, "If you had bothered to talk to me after what happened, you would have known days ago."

Loki turned away to look you in the eye, eyebrows raised, lips parted.

"Don't lie to me," he tightened his grip on your wrist. "I saw you with that man."

"What man?" 

"The one from earlier. The one in the picture on your bureau."

"Alexander?" You laughed, infuriating him even more. "He's my cousin."

Loki softened his expression, joining in your laughter and hugging you tightly. He was even more embarrassed now than before, but he had definitely learned his lesson. He wanted to apologise to you, but you could see everything he couldn't say in his expression. He moved to your lips and kissed you passionately, clinging to your waist as a small tear of relief ran down his icy cheek.

"You were right about one thing, Loki," you murmured against his ear as you pulled apart for air. "I am yours."