☬ Mrs. Loki ☬

Another perfect morning at Stark Tower. The Avengers were gathered for their monthly meeting, and while you waited for them to finish, you found yourself helping Pepper with paperwork and other administrative details. 

Despite the age difference, you got along with her very well and could talk about anything. The relationship you had built up with her over time made you feel a vital part of the team. Plus, you had always admired Tony Stark and his legacy, so working for his company and contributing to the work of the Avengers was an honour.

The meeting proceeded smoothly. Steve led the discussion about upcoming objectives and missions. Thor, in his everlasting good humour, provided his knowledge of intergalactic threats, while Natasha and Clint offered crucial intelligence. Bruce Banner, in his calm and thoughtful way, shared his scientific and technological advances, and, last but not least, there were you and Pepper, providing dull but necessary support, silently from your respective places.

Loki finally returned from the cafeteria, manoeuvring his way out of the lift without spilling the coffee he had brought for the entire team. He had to rely on his magic to achieve his goal, but he finally handed out the drinks to each of the Avengers, handing you your frappé with a kiss on the forehead and a pat on the shoulder before returning to his seat.

You just sipped your drink casually, but Pepper had her full attention on you, or more precisely, on the cup. Then you noticed: instead of your name or Loki's, your glass had "Mrs. Loki" written on it. Although it was an unusual detail, you thought it was very cute, and you smiled as you realised that Loki was looking at you sideways with a smile, waiting for your reaction.

Lately, he has used all his cleverness to give you gifts and surprises, he did it so often that you began to feel you were falling behind. However, when you expressed your concern, he softened and assured you that you didn't need to try harder than necessary, his gestures to you were spontaneous and just a way of expressing that he still loved you as he had from day one, despite the length of their relationship.

However, your good thoughts were interrupted by an alarm on your phone. It was your landlord, letting you know that the building you lived in was experiencing a potentially dangerous gas leak and that you should evacuate immediately. You were relieved not to be at home, but you remembered your cat and jumped up from your seat. Everyone noticed your uneasiness immediately.

Without wasting any time, you quickly explained what was going on, and before you could finish stuffing your things into your bag, Loki disappeared and returned instantly, with your cat companion safe and sound in his arms. You rushed over to hug him and picked up your pet, kissing his nose, and before long you realised that everyone was still looking at you.

"Let me see if I understand what just happened: you went back to your girlfriend's building to save her cat," Pepper hesitated.

"Yes," Loki replied, not understanding why they were looking at him that way. "What's wrong with that?"

"Loki, you could have helped people," Steve objected.

"I don't care about people, I care about Y/N," he shrugged, being judged all the way. Actually, he was joking, but he had to clarify. "Relax, everyone was already outside. They are well protected and there are all sorts of elements protecting the civilians."

The initial tension in the room relaxed at Loki's explanation, who had prioritised your safety and that of your cat at the time. Even Steve Rogers, known for his sense of responsibility and duty to others, nodded in understanding.

Pepper laughed and commented, "Well, at least we know that Loki has his priorities straight."

Everyone nodded and resumed the meeting, as the incident in your building seemed to be under control.