☬ Multiverse ☬

Loki had been in Asgard's high-security prison for months. After all the chaos he had caused on Earth, everyone had given up hope that he could rebuild his future and redeem himself in his father's eyes. But there was one person who had not given up yet: his mother.

Frigg was worried about her son. She may not have carried him in her womb, but he held a very special place in her heart. She still saw goodness in him, and though Thor himself assured her that there was none left, she had vowed to retrieve her beloved son, searching the realms for that small glimmer of hope he so desperately needed.

One day, she finally found it and knew, without a doubt, that it was the first step in her son's recovery: that step was you.

That same night, Frigg returned to the realm of Asgard and went straight to Loki's cell. He found him lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling with a clear boredom in his expression. Loki noticed her presence but tried to ignore it. However, Frigg approached him and stuck a photograph against the glass separating them; it was your photograph.

Loki looked at the image in surprise and incomprehension. His eyes fell on your smiling face and the expression in your eyes. Frigg broke the silence that hung heavily in the cell.

"This woman is the spark of hope you so desperately need, Loki. There is something inside you that can still be saved and you know it."

"That human?" He sat up to look her in the eyes with that consuming fury. "Please, mother. Your attempts are becoming increasingly pathetic."

"She's not just any human, Loki," she pointed out. "In another life, you two are together."

Loki, surprised and sceptical, frowned. Despite his apparent disbelief, something in his mother's words piqued his interest.

"Do you really think I would be with a being as pitiful as a human?" he snorted.

"I don't think so, son, I know. Multiverses exist, and in many of them, you two are together. She's always the one who ends up changing your life for the better. All you have to do is tell me that you want to open your heart."

The idea of multiverses and the possibility that in some of them, he was related to you in a meaningful way intrigued Loki. Though he remained sceptical, he began to consider his mother's words with curiosity. She wouldn't make something like that up out of thin air, she didn't lie the way he did. What she said was true, but it didn't mean you were the key to his redemption.

"And do you expect me to fall in love with this woman from my cell?"

"No, of course not. But I'm not going to let you out unless you look me in the eye and promise me, you're going to try."

"I'm not interested, I'd rather rot in prison."

He could simply bluff her and say yes, but his mother had fallen for his tricks before and possibly already had something prepared for a possible escape. At the moment, he was in no mood to even try and would prefer to be left alone.

But Frigg was not ready to give up on him.

"I knew you would say that," Loki's mother looked to her left side, and out of the shadows, you emerged with your head down and a nervous smile. "This woman is your wife in one of those realities, Loki."

And with that statement, you left Loki wide-eyed, analysing you from head to toe. How could his mother have such audacity? He didn't want to be in your presence, he wasn't interested in having anything to do with you. Yes, you were terribly beautiful, but having you in front of him only annoyed him.

As Loki watched you with that mixture of annoyance and confusion, Frigg continued:

"You may not believe it yet, but somewhere in your being, in some dimension, you and this woman are destined for love and happiness."