Chapter Thirty-Six

Depuis le début

She wiped away the fog on her mirror, and frowned when she saw the dark circles under her eyes, more pronounced now against her clean and clear skin

She shrugged in defeat, grabbing a hair tie and brush from her drawer. She pulled the tie over her wrist and her hair down off her head before wringing it out one last time and draping it over her shoulder. She stepped out into her bedroom, slowly detangling the ends when her instincts kicked in and uneasiness crawled across her skin.

"Don't freak out." A quiet voice came form beside her and Kyah nearly died then and there as her heart raced and adrenaline flooded her.

"Anakin!" She shouted his name in frustration as she spun to face him with a look of anger.

"I'm so sorry." He said quickly, jumping almost as badly as she did with his hand raised up to cover his eyes, "I was going to wait outside until I heard you moving around in here, but then people walked passed and it started to feel super suspicious to be standing outside your door for as long as I had been." He explained hurriedly as Kyah took a few deep breaths to calm herself, "So I knocked again, then came inside, but I only realized what a poor idea that was when I heard your water shut off." He sighed. "In conclusion; I panicked, I am an idiot, and I'm sorry." He shrugged and Kyah cracked a smile.

She walked over to him, and could tell he was trying to track her movements with his eyes still covered, "You're not an idiot." She said quietly and his face dropped to her's when he realized how close she was to him. She place her hand on his chest and stood on her tiptoes as she placed a long, soft kiss to his lips, feeling him follow her back down as she lowered and pulled away, "And you're forgiven." She added with a smile as she let her hand fall and took a few steps away from him, collecting her wet hair in her hands again as she combed through it with her fingers, "I'm dressed." She said and he sighed in relief as he first peeked out over his hand, then dropped it as his posture relaxed.

"You'd make an awful stealth operative." She said with a cheeky grin as she looked up at his still blushing face.

He chuckled as he adjusted his belt around his waist and nodded, "Oh, for sure. Ask anyone." He agreed and she laughed.

He walked over to her, smiling as he looked down at her joyful face.

She wanted to braid her hair over her shoulder, but had to keep taking little breaks each time her injured arm would start to tremble.

"May I?" Anakin asked as he gestured to her hair with a worried expression.

Kyah sat abruptly on her bed and dropped her barely started braid with a sigh, as she nodded, her bottom lip pouting in frustration.

Anakin knelt on her bed as she turned her back to him. He had to stay up, and incredibly close in order to use his hand in the sling Kix had replace. His fingers combed against her scalp as he gathered her hair to the base of her neck and started the braid, slowly sitting back as he moved away from her, until he reached the end and stood off the bed, pulling the hair over her shoulder and holding up the end for her.