Chapter One

It took me hours to find a decent babysitter, I was seriously too paranoid for my own good. The thought of leaving my baby boy with just anyone nowadays was absolutely terrifying.

Samantha Letty, my best friend of eleven years had practically forced me to go to this, 'Hot new club'
"You need to get out of the house, Mia. You're becoming a hermit." She'd said. I wasn't into clubs or going out at all really. I had a job, and a son. Samantha was convinced I'd grown up to soon, and now that I was divorced I should, quote-unquote 'take my life back' Whatever the hell that meant. I still had responsibilities.

Plus, drinking wasn't really my thing. I'm a lightweight when it comes to drinking, and I don't like most alcoholic beverages anyway.

A sudden knock at my apartment door startled me, I knew it was Samantha, and I knew she'd be pissed that I still hadn't gotten ready. I opened the door with a sheepish look, "Really, Mia? You haven't even done your hair yet!"

"Maybe we should just go have dinner... Something relaxing, you know?" I suggested.

She walked inside, rolling her eyes. "Or not. You need to get out, Mia. Have a little fun once in awhile."

I groan, she was even more hardheaded than I was. It'd be useless to continue arguing, I already knew she'd win anyways.

She grabbed my arm and practically drug me down the hall to my bedroom. "Come on, let's get you looking more like a MILF and less like a potato."

I gave a small huff and pulled my arm out of her hand. "I do not look like a damn potato, Samantha!"

"Yeah, yeah. Come on, I've got work to do. We are supposed to meet Shay and Emma at eight-thirty.

Shay and Emma were friends of Samantha's. In high school I was very loud and out going, I'd had many friends. But, when I'd married Logan that all changed after a few years. He'd been perfectly charming the first year, and then it all headed down hill. He was possessive. Honestly, I hadn't minded much then, but it got too extreme. I wasn't allowed to have male friends, or have female friends that Logan didn't like. Slowly but surly, I did become a hermit. Now, it's damn near torture talking to another female, let alone a male. Panic attacks had become the norm while out in public.

Samantha had stuck around through out it all though, she never judged me, or made me feel like I was some detached-from-society freak, and she never commented on my red as a tomato face when someone had actually spoken to me. She was hands down my person.

I stood stock still, looking in the full length mirror hanging from my bedroom door. "Samantha, I seriously look like a fûcking hooker." She had me in a short, short off the shoulder red dress. "When I bend over can you see my àss?" I asked as I bent down to touch my feet.

"Well yes, but you aren't supposed to bend down like that. You have to bend your knees, Mia. Everyone knows that." I rolled my eyes, I'm pretty sure she's more worried about me getting lucky rather than herself tonight.

"I didn't even know I had this dress!" The dress was so short it could probably pass for night wear. My breast were nearly popping out of the bust. I pulled my long dark hair around to cover most of my cleavage. It'd been a long time since I'd even put on something this low cut. After Julian I didn't show much of my body, I was a jeans and T-shirt kind of girl.

She had curled my hair in soft waves, it honestly didn't look half bad. The reflection in the mirror looked kind of hot. She'd put a little gold on my eye lids and mascara. I didn't like wearing much make-up. Not that I looked better without it, I just couldn't ever remember to take it off a night. Make-up was too much work.