chapter nine.

"I-I..." Will stuttered. He avoided eye contact with Mike.

"Sorry! I-if this is just a friends-but-not-only-friends thing I-I understand... I just want you to be hap-"

Mike was cut off by Will pressing his lips around his. Mike's stomach was practically doing somersaults and the sensation. His arms snaked around Will's waist as he kissed back. Will giggled as he pulled away.

"Boyfriends?" Will grinned. "Boyfriends!" Mike declared. They laughed as Mike picked Will up and planted quick pecks all over Will's face. He had never been happier.

Will ran a hand through Mike's curly, wet hair and pressed his forehead against Mike's before smiling. Seeing Will smile made Mike grin even wider.

"I love you so much William Byers."

"I love you too nerd."

They kissed a couple times more before Will went to take a shower. When Will emerged dressed and ready they hopped into Will's car and drove into town.

🔥🔥

"So what did you want to do today?" Will asked his passenger princess. Mike turned his head and sighed. "I honestly don't know. I've never been over here." He shrugged sheepishly.

Suddenly Will had a wonderful idea.

"You like coffee?" Will asked. "Yeah?" Mike responded. "And reading?" Will continued excitedly. "I prefer writing but yeah!" Mike smiled, feeling Will's excitement radiate off of him. Will nodded and started driving.

Will pulled into the parking lot of a small little shop. The two entered and Mike was immediately blown away. The new place had bookshelves reaching the ceiling overflowing with books, cute little tables and couches, and a café area.

"Oh my god Will, no matter what you do you always seem to amaze me." Mike smiled. Will blushed and grinned bashfully. They walked to the café counter and rang the service bell.

"Hey Connor!" Will smiled at the boy standing behind the counter. "Hey cutie, who's the new boy?" Connor questioned, eyeing Mike. Mike was annoyed with this boy already not even after two seconds of meeting him.

"This is my boyfriend, Mike." Will smiled widely. Mike grinned triumphantly as his heart was beating rapidly. This was Will's first time referring to Mike as his boyfriend, even though they had only been together officially for about an hour.

"I'm glad somebody picked you up, I was thinking I might have to!" Connor laughed. Mike's annoyance grew but he didn't lash out, not wanting to seem overbearing to Will. Will seemed visibly uncomfortable but also didn't say anything. Mike gently grabbed Will's hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. Will smiled back and ordered for the two boys.

When they had gotten their coffee's and a cookie to split, they took a seat on the couch.

"Any books you're looking to read?" Mike asked, sipping his coffee. Will nodded. "I've been dying to read "The Goldfinch" or "Perks of Being a Wallflower", what about you?" Will grinned. Mike returned the smile and said, "I've been wanting to read "IT" or "The Fantastic Mr. Fox". The couple chatted about books for a while until they spotted two teens walking in.

Troy and James.

Will remembered it was Sunday, meaning that the restaurant was closed for everyone and not just Mike and Will, but it seemed as if they were on a date. Troy held the door open for James, and when they walked in James held Troy's hand and laughed at something Troy said.

"I might hate them," Mike started, "but they're adorable together." he added. Will nodded in agreement. Mike left to go search for their books they wanted to read. Troy and James spotted Will. Will waved. Troy and James' eyes went wide and they immediately looked away. Will chuckled.

Mike came back with the books. Mike passed Will his books and sat next to him. Will laid on Mike's shoulder as they read together.

(REALLY big time skip!! everything that happened took place within the month of June. It is now the end of July. Over the course of July Mike ended up speaking to Joyce about his college dreams to go to NYU. She had her connections, and after a few phone calls and the administration reading a beautifully-written letter from Mike, he was able to get in on a full-ride scholarship. Today was his last day in Cali. Both the older teens and the regular teens (Eddie, Steve, Robin, and Max, El, Mike, and Will) had gotten along really well and hung out often. Even Troy and James came around and they were all friends.)

Will was helping Mike pack his apartment. Mike was choking back tears the entire time. He loved the relationship he had built with Will over the span of the summer. He wouldn't trade this summer for anything, but now everything was coming to an end. Will seemed unbothered.

They made their way back to the restaurant to say goodbye. Everyone cried and hugged, even Max, and not even El has seen her cry. Everyone really loved Mike. Steve sobbed into Eddie's shoulder dramatically. Troy and James held hands while sniffling and wishing their condolences. Robin wrapped Mike in a bear hug. Will still seemed unbothered.

Will drove Mike to the airport and they had gotten there just in time as Mike's group began boarding.

"Do you even care?" Mike fumed. "This whole day you've shown no emotion. I'm leaving for fucks sake Will!" Will smiled and chuckled. "Whats so funny?" Mike spat.

"I forgot, I have a gift for you!" Will smiled as he pulled some papers out of his pocket.

It was Will's scholarship acceptance letter to NYU and a ticket for the seat right next to Mike on the plane. Mike sobbed and hugged Will tightly. Will began to cry too and hugged Mike back. They both started laughing before they kissed.

"I hate you Byers, you made me worry." Mike smiled, speaking in a playful tone.

"I love you too Wheeler, you make me happy." Will smiled.

THE END!!:3

authors note!!: I FINISHED THIS ONE!! I'm going to finish the other one and start a new book I'm really excited about:) do you guys want to see a future-maybe-proposal chapter or leave this as is??