chapter eight.

Will woke up gently, yawning as he heard singing birds. He smiled and looked down. He saw the tired boy beneath him and giggled to himself. Mike was no sleeping beauty.

Will gently shuffled the boy off of him as he got up. Will started cleaning up their stuff from the night before and placed it in his backpack. He saw Mike stretch and yawn. He smiled.

"Morning silly, it's already 12:00pm!" Will laughed. Mike grumped. He stood up and walked over to Will before flopping onto Will's back, resting his head on Will's shoulder.

"Good morning to you too, want to go to my house and shower before going into town?" Mike nodded before he started helping Will pack up.

They finished packing and walked back. Mike could barely keep his eyes open while Will kept giggling at him. He kept gently pushing Mike to wake him up. Will took Mike back to his house and stood right in front of it. Mike admired the house for quite some time, softly smiling.

"Welcome to the Byers residence!" Will smiled with glee. Mike chuckled at his energy, wishing he had the same. They entered the house and Mike was awestruck at the neatness of the place. Everything was modern and nothing was out of place.

Mike and Will walked into Will's room, hand in hand. Mike looked around in awe. He loved Will's room, it was so comforting. There were band posters, drawings, fairy lights, and other miscellaneous things on the wall. He had a giant comfortable bed and a nice tv.

"Do you want to shower first?" Will asked softly. Mike smiled. "Sure!"

Mike took a quick shower as he thought about last night. He never would've expected a hangout to turn into something more than a friendship between Will and him. He didn't mind.

It suddenly dawned on him. He didn't even know the relationship status between them. What if Will didn't actually want to be together? Mike started slightly panicking before turning the water off.

He got out and started to dry off. He realized Will hadn't given him any clothes. Mike sighed as he wrapped his towel around his waist and walked out of the bathroom.

"Uh... Will?" Mike mumbled. "Ye- WOAH." Will exclaimed. Mike laughed. "Do you have any clothes I could borrow?" Will nodded. He walked over to the closet and tossed Mike a pair of boxers, a t-shirt and pair of shorts too big for himself, and a pair of socks.

"Thanks!" Mike smiled. Will nodded again, trying not to make eye contact. Mike went back and changed as Will sat back down on the bed, blushing.

When Mike finished, Will went to go take his shower. After Will was done with his shower they cuddled on Will's bed.

"Will?" Mike asked softly.

"Yes?" Will responded, looking up at Mike.

"W-what are we...?" Mike stuttered.

SORRY FOR THE SHORT UPDAYRTE IM SK BUSY😭😭