chapter six.

MICHAEL WHEELER
While Mike was working with Will throughout the day he had the weirdest urge to be close to Will. Whatever Will did, Mike was helping. Whatever Will needed done, Mike was doing it. Whatever Will needed help with, Mike was helping. Mike couldn't explain it. He was actually getting annoyed by how much he had been thinking about Will today.

"Mike?" Will said, snapping Mike out of his overthinking. "Do you need something? You're really close." Will chuckled. Mike's face flushed red in embarrassment. "Sorry! I've just been out of it today you know? I honestly don't even know how to explain it, I just feel different." Mike sighed.

"I get you man! Everyone has off days and that's ok." Will smiled. "Hmmm... if you aren't busy after work I know a place I can take you to. Maybe to ease your mind?" Will smiled. Mike's heart fluttered. "Of course! I'm not busy and I don't know if I can go home and stand Robin and Steve's teasing." Mike laughed lightly. Will smiled and giggled.

"What're you two doing?" Max said, bursting out of the kitchen. "Just chit-chatting, it's super slow right now." Will pouted. Mike caught himself staring. Will's pout was adorable. Mike loved the way his bottom lip stuck out.

Max shot him a look. "Y-yeah it's super slow so we're just uh yeah." Mike said awkwardly. Max burst out laughing. "Ok...! Well me and El are going to get something to eat, want to close up for lunch break?" Max said as El appeared out of the kitchen.

"Wanna go?" Will asked, looking up at Mike. "Sure." Mike smiled. The group closed up really quickly and decided to go to get burgers. Everyone piled into Max's car and she drove to Benny's.

"Last one in is paying!" Max shouted before rushing out of the car. "C'mon hurry up!" Will giggled at Mike. Will grabbed Mike's hand and started running. Mike wheezed. "Go without me Will, I'll just pay I don't care." Mike said while gasping for air. Will just stood there, waiting for Mike to catch his breath. "We'll just have to pay together." Will smiled. Mike returned the smile and blushed.

Everyone sat at a table and looked through the menus. When the group decided what they wanted, the waiter came up and took their orders. Once they all ordered, Max rambled about what she and El were doing for their anniversary. Will listened intently, and Mike took multiple glances at Will's focused face. Mike had never seen anyone more handsome. If he could take a picture of Will right then and there, would put it in a museum. That's where Will's beauty belonged. Suddenly the food arrived, ruining Mike's view.

Max devoured her burger. She was the first one done. El and Will ate very daintily. They didn't make big messes or even use sauce. Mike thought that should be against burger-eating rules. Mike ate his burger like a normal person. Or so he hoped.

When the four had finished they decided to get shakes. "Hi, can we get four chocolate shakes please?" Max ordered politely, a polar opposite from her usual dry and sarcastic speech.

"I'm sorry but our shake machine is being weird. I can maybe get two shakes made for you guys?" The cashier said gently. "That works! Thank you." Max finished as Mike and Will walked up from the table to pay for everything.

"Did you order the shakes Max?" Mike asked. "Yup, but they could only make two." Max said. Then she had a wonderful idea. "Me and El can share one, and you two can share one." Max shrugged innocently. Mike blushed. "Ok!" Will said.

Will's not bothered by it, so you shouldn't be either Wheeler. Be normal. Mike thought.

"Sounds good." Mike smiled. The pairs got their shakes. They walked out before Mike realized they didn't ask for an extra straw. He sighed and tried not to think about it. Everyone got back into Max's car and headed back to the restaurant.

Mike held the shake in between him and Will. They both took sips randomly, until they both went for a sip at the same time and bonked heads. They burst out laughing. Max and El rolled their eyes at them and chuckled. Mike looked up at Will. Will was already looking at him. Mike took a glance at Will's lips, and then they both realized how close they were. Mike looked away and sat up. Will turned his head to look out the window. Max saw everything and sighed.

The group had made it back to the restaurant just in time and opened up again. "Mike and I only had one shift today, so good luck you two." Will said before dragging Mike to the employees lounge to get their stuff and leave.

Mike and Will started walking to Mike's hotel. "So we'll go to your place and collect snacks and a blanket, then i'll take you to my secret spot." Will smiled. "What's the secret spot?" Mike asked.

"Shh... It's a secret." Will giggled and put his finger to Mike's mouth before running to the hotel.