chapter two.

"Hello young man!" a voice beamed with happiness. There he saw a slender, kind-looking woman walk in. She introduced herself as Joyce Byers. She began asking him simple questions such as what do you plan on committing to the job, how efficient will you be with work, how will your contribution to the job help the business, etc; He didn't understand why since he had already flown out here and she was paying for his apartment but oh well.

"Congratulations! I think hiring you will be very beneficial to they company." she chuckled. "My Willy, Max, and El will show you the ropes. There's some other employees, but I wouldn't get too involved with them. I'm trying to find a slip-up from them just to fire those two rascals!" Mrs. Byers rambled. "Yes ma'am, and thank you so much." "No problem!"

Mrs. Byers gave him a uniform to change into and left. It was a sea foam green shirt with "THE CRAB'S CLAM" on the back and a little pink crab on a pearly -white shell beneath it, along with some simple black shorts. Mike exited the room and tried to find his way out of the maze of hallways. "Hey!" a voice said. Mike jumped and whipped around to see Will giggling behind him. "Oh uh hey dude." Mike nervously shrugged. "Came to check on ya! Lost?" Will snickered. Mike nodded his head in embarrassment. Will grabbed his wrist and led the way.

Will and Mike ended up in the kitchen. "Mike, this is Eleanor and Max, El and Max, this is Michael." Will beamed. "What a twink." Max giggled. "I'm sorry?" Mike questioned. "Max! Be nice! I'm so sorry about her." El chuckled. Will cleared his throat. "As I was saying, El and Max are the chefs, but they mostly just canoodle and flirt instead of cooking." Will shot them a glare. "You sound like a homophobic dad, Will." Max laughed. "Whatever, you will be working with me as a cashier and server, got it Mike?" Will looked him in the eyes. "Uh yeah!" Mike sputtered out. Will had such beautiful eyes. "Then let's go!"

Will showed him the ropes of working the cash register, how to greet customers, manners with serving, etc; Mike listened in awe and realized how similar the boy was to his mother.

Will snapped in his face. "Are you even listening?" "U-uh totally man." "Ok, as I was saying, me and you are working double shifts today. Max and El are only working one shift to go on a date, so Troy and James will be coming in for the second shift. I'm warning you about those two. They aren't the friendliest so just be careful. I'll try my best to keep you away from them." Will gave a reassuring smile. "Oh wait they're actually together?" Mike asked. "El and Max? Yeah, they've been dating for 2 years." "Oh that's cool. Sorry I didn't mean to be rude." Mike said quietly. "It's ok! Trust me, if you thought that was bad you should hear what Troy and James say." Will rolled his eyes. Mike gave Will a friendly pat on the back. "It's ok, we'll drown him in the cooking oil." Mike grinned. Will laughed and nodded in agreement.

Their shift was starting to end. "Ok, thank you for all the help today Willy." Mike giggled. "D-did my mom tell you about that? Whatever." Will whined, which only made Mike laugh more. "You know what, you only can call me Willy if I can call you Mikey." Mike blushed from embarrassment. "Fine." The boys shook on it.

The day breezed by quickly, and Mike learned a lot about Will in only one shift. By lunch break, they decided to eat with the girls. Will was eating a fancy looking sandwich and some chips. The girls were both drinking slushies and some left over french fries from the kitchen. Mike hadn't thought this through and forgot a lunch.

"Are you not hungry?" a soft voice spoke. A voice that felt like honey to Mike's ears. A voice that belonged to Will. "Oh uh I'll be ok don't worry." Mike reassured. "Here." Will said, as he pointed his large chip bag towards Mike. The two boys shared the chips and listened to El and Max ramble. The boys both went for a chip at the same time, and brushed hands. Mike blushed profusely and didn't know why. Maybe it's just hot in here?

The two girls left for their date, leaving Will and Mike to clean up before their next shift. Two jock-looking boys walked in.

"Nice shorts fag."

The boys laughed and one bumped shoulders with Mike. Mike became hyper-aware of how small his shorts were on him. He shrugged it off but saw an opportunity and took it. He tripped the boy that bumped shoulders with him. The boy fell flat on his face and cursed up a storm. "You're gonna pay for that you little twerp." The boy stood up and walked towards Mike. Mike towered over the boy, scaring him. "Hey guys let's settle down, we're about to open back up." Will said nervously. "Sticking up for your boyfriend huh you little fairy?" The shorter one snickered. "Don't call him that." Mike deadpanned. "Scuse me?" The one in his face said. "Don't call him that. And maybe back up? It feels like you're trying to kiss me right now." Mike replied, still with a blank face. The boy mumbled something about next time and how he's not gay as Troy and James walked back into the kitchen.

"Wow man, that was amazing." Will exclaimed. "What? Sticking up to an asshole? Had to do that way too many times in Hawkins. I had a friend named Wyatt, and everyone always called him gay just because he was a bit more feminine. The worst part was, he had the biggest crush on his main bully, Tyler." Mike laughed. "Oh, poor Wyatt." Will said. "But no, people sometimes step up against those two but no one's actually beaten them at their own game." Will sighed.

"My only question is," Mike began, "how did he notice how tight my shorts were? Was he staring?" Mike and Will burst into laughter. "Okay," will wheezed, "we- snickering we need to finish our shift." Will could barely spit it out. "Ok Willy." Mike smiled. "Then let's get through this together Mikey." Will giggled back.

notes from me!!: what do u think?? Is it good??:D