chapter one.

MICHAEL WHEELER
"Finally," he mumbled to himself, "I've FINALLY LANDED."

That was Michael Wheeler, but everyone calls him Mike. He lives in Hawkins, Indiana, but has moved to Santa Rosa, CA, for this summer. He got an amazing job offer here from his mother. His mother Karen had told him that she had an old friend named Joyce Byers that owned a popular restaurant here. He decided why not, nothing else is going to pay his college tuition.

Michael exited the airport and took a taxi to the apartment building he would be staying in. He stood outside the complex and really took in its beauty. It was small, but quaint, and it had a nice homey feel to it. He walked inside and checked in. He chatted with the front desk person. Apparently his name was Steve Harrington. Steve and his friends supposedly all work here, and his friend Robin Buckley's parents owned the place. Steve handed over the keys and a pamphlet.

"Argh!!" Mike grunted. His rental apartment Mrs. Joyce had payed for was on the 4th floor, meaning he had to carry his luggage up the 4 flights of stairs.

"Need help?" a voice asked. He looked up and saw a girl Steve's age, with a short haircut, a weezer shirt, and some baggy jean shorts. She had a name tag that read "ROBIN BUCKLEY :)" . "If it wouldn't be a bother." Mike responded politely.

"So you must be Mike huh? I've heard many good things about you! And I heard you were going to work at the Byers' restaurant!" Robin started to ramble while carrying stuff. It didn't really bother Mike. He had always loved to listen, even though he was a chatterbox himself. "A few things, get an extra uniform instead of just one. They get dirty really easily. Number two, always scrape gum off of tables in the morning AND before closing. The kids here are assholes. And final number 3, I'm warning you about Troy. He's Steve's little brother, and Steve hates him. He's a jerk, so just stay away."

They eventually made it to Mike's room. "Bye Mikeeee!" Robin said before closing his door.

8:15 am
Ughhhhh Mike groaned before turning his alarm off. He got dressed semi-nicely and got ready for his meeting with Mrs. Byers.

* * *

Mike arrived, and there was a young boy opening the restaurant door. He had fluffy light-brown hair, hazel-green eyes, and a slight burn from the sun. He was wearing a baggy shirt with some athletic shorts and flip-flops. Mike shrugged. He seems friendly enough.

The brown-haired boy was struggling with the door. Michael walked up behind him and peered over the boy. "Need help?" The boy jumped, startled. "Oh uh if you wouldn't mind, thanks man." The boy handed over the key to Mike as he tried opening the door.

"You are?" The boy asked Mike. "Michael Wheeler, but you can call me Mike. I'm here for a job interview." Mike calmly responded. "Ohh your Mike? I'm Will Byers, short for William. I'm my mo- Mrs. Byers' son." Will beamed. Mike rattled the door open. "My m- SHE'S not here yet, but she will be soon. Do you want anything to drink?" Will questioned Mike. "No thank you, but I appreciate the offer." Mike said. Will smiled. "Ok well you can follow me, and-"

DING!

"S-sorry my mo- Mrs. Byers just texted me saying she's on her way. I'll show you where she will meet with you." Mike giggled. "Whats so funny?" Will asked Mike. "I think it's funny that you're trying to get used to using her proper name." Mike grinned at Will, and they both started laughing. Will rolled his eyes and led Mike to a lounging area. "Ok if you need anything I'll be opening up!" Will walked away quickly, and Mike grabbed his wrist. "Thank you." Mike said as he stared directly into Will's eyes, showing no emotion on his face. Before Will could say anything Mike let go and sat down in the room.

notes from me!!: I decided I'm just going to do both💀