Ash smiled at Pikachu, as his house was in sight, only to look in horror as Pallet Town was in flames. He and Pikachu looked at each other, before dashing towards his house, hoping his mother and Mimey were ok, but saw that the house was on fire. Quickly dashing through the door which has not caught fire, he enters, only to see that his mother is dead, along with her Mimey. Blood was seen on her chest, indicating she was stabbed and had multiple gunshot wounds. However, there were other injuries on her body, indicating she put up a fight.

"Who did this?" Ash hissed, as he got to his mother's body, and took the knife out from her chest. Only for the doors to open to see some of his friends were standing there with the police. To his surprise, Cynthia and Alder were there. From their viewpoint, it looked like Ash had killed his mother and just took the knife out.

"There he is! I told you he was planning to kill his mother. Trip pointed at Ash. Ash stared at them in shock

"Yeah, he killed his own mother when she tried to tell him to come home! We all saw it!" Iris shouted.

"And when we tried to stop him, he tried to kill us!" Misty added.

"I...I'm so sorry, guys. I never knew Ash was..." Cynthia was actually coming to Pallet Town to congratulate Ash on the Top 8, but it looked like Ash's personality was all a façade, and his friends helped her see his true colors.

"I Told you Cynthia that ash was dangerous." Alder said

"Cynthia, please, you can't believe them over me, can you?" Ash pleaded.

Cynthia's eyes turned cold. "Arrest him, make sure he gets a life sentence! I won't associate with a criminal anymore!"

Ash's blood ran cold. Even Cynthia turned against him? During his anger and hurt, he did not know that his aura was accumulating, and it chose now to activate, and everyone wondered where he went. They realized he had dropped a destroyed fish lure bait given by Misty and one half of the Terracotta Ribbon won at a contest with May. (It was destroyed when his aura activated

(Dream ends)

Ash opened his eyes, and found himself in a tent. There was an aroma, and it turned out a strange girl was at the pot making something. He backed away from them, wondering if it's yet another "training" from the Team Rocket course. However, Ash must have made some noise, as Amethyst turned around.

"Hey, you're awake Ash!" Amethyst smiled at him as she waved at him. Ash did not smile back, instead backing away from them further. Just who is she in front of him and why is she acting friendly? Was she another one of the grunts assigned to his training

"H-how do you know m-my n-name." Ash asked terrified at her

"Don't worry. We're not here to hurt you. Don't be afraid." Amethyst said.

"My name is Amethyst Paradnight. It's nice to meet you." Amethyst held out her hand. Ash looked down at the hand, as if expecting Amethyst to raise it and slap him, causing him to cower in fear.

"Y-your lying n-nobody c-cares for me." Ash said sadly as both eyes widen at the sadness of the boy as Amethyst began to hugged him as he began to sob on her chest
"You're frightened." Amethyst stated. That statement caused Ash to stiff

"You're hungry, aren't you?" Amethyst asked gently, sitting down with Ash on her lap.

Ash kept quiet, which Amethyst assumed to be a yes. "Lunch is almost done. Just wait here." With that, she returned to the pot, and ladled something into two bowls, and placed the bowls onto a tray.

"Here." Amethyst  put the tray on his thighs, and handed him chopsticks and a spoon. Ash looked down at the bowl of handmade udon noodles with steamed vegetable dumplings and meatballs. He tentatively nibbled at the noodles, expecting to collapse from the effects of poison any time soon.