You look just like your Mother

you look just like your mother

i guess i do carry her tenderness well

you both have the same eyes

cause we are both exhausted

- Page 30

Motherhood had done a number on Winnie. Gone was the soft woman with blonde curls and kind eyes; in her place Chibs had decided that she had become an incredibly hot piece that made it near impossible for him to leave bed. She had gotten rid of the blonde, and swapped it out for a dark brown that matched that of her aunt Yen. Someone who had lovingly taken on looking after Ozzy when the pair wanted an evening to themselves. Her hips had gained a dangerous curve that caught his attention any time she wore those figure hugging jeans he loved so much, and the low cut tops that made it easy for her to feed Ozzy were a godsend. 

She’d adjusted well, even more so when she’d scold the boys in the club with a child on her hip, and a coffee cup in the other. A smaller Gemma, that’s all he could see in her. With Opie’s upcoming wedding, he knew just how stressed she was with trying to plan details as a favour to Lyla. It’s why on the morning the boys were due to be released, he found himself laying behind her, his hand running along a single tattoo. 

She’d gotten three crows tattooed on her shortly after Ozzy was born, one for him, one for Tig, and one for Chibs. It was her way of representing her family that wasn’t typical to croweaters and Old Ladies because she hated that tattoo. While she did not love Tig in the way that she did Chibs, she knew that once he got out, the cushty lives of them two and a baby would soon be disrupted - and a part of him couldn’t help but regret saying yes to Tig being such a large part of Ozzy’s life. The man was loveable, and he would be a great father - but he was also unpredictable and had a selfishness to him. 

Chibs just didn’t want Winnie to get her hopes up for how smooth the transition would go, or get used to having Chibs at home as much as he had been. It was going to be hard considering the business they were about to conduct. Winnie hummed at the repetitive nature of the fingers, rolling and tucking herself into his side before throwing an arm around his middle for safe measures. 

She knew his routine by now, especially how long he lingered in the morning just touching her. “Whatever it is, forget about it.” She mumbled out, hearing a huff of a laugh in response. “It’s not worth it.” 

“Just thinking about the boys.” He told her, knowing that the same weight would be on her mind when she eventually decides to get up. “Today’s release day.” It finally got her eyes to open, to gaze up at Chibs with a single look. 

“You have to go meet them with the boys.” The concern that lingered wasn’t for his safety in meeting them, but of what would come from them actually being home. They hadn’t been together publicly in front of them before, their entire relationship being different back then. Now they had a baby, a house, a future wedding to plan for… Winnie didn’t even feel like the same girl now that she had to adapt to life as an Old Lady. 

Chibs leaned forward, pressing a kiss to her forehead. “Everything will be okay.” But they couldn’t be sure of that, using it to try to convince themselves of that notion. Business was business and nothing could change that, especially not because they'd had a baby. Winnie was nervous because it’d be the first time that the boys would actually get to hold Ozzy, they’d finally be around her baby boy influencing him in ways that may not have necessarily been good. 

His eyes flickered to the clock, seeing it as only six; Ozzy normally didn’t wake up for another hour or so. His routine was pretty locked down with bedtimes and feeding right now. “You know, we still have an hour to kill.” He told her, leaning over before cupping at her cheek.