I always get myself into this mess

"i always get myself into this mess.i always let him tell me i am beautiful and half believe it. i always jump thinking he will catch me at the fall. i am hopelessly a lover, and a dreamer, and that will be the death of me"

Night seemed to have descended quickly around the clubhouse as Winnie stuffed her few belongings into a single bag; her heart heavy, hands jittery. Nothing had felt like a bigger mistake, but she hoped that in time they'd forgive her for what she had done. When the dust had settled, and maybe Brian would think she'd truly run from all family, then could she return.

Although then, that reunion wouldn't be anywhere near as joyous as it was this time. Winnie could only pray that they would forgive her, that they couldn't remain mad at her forever. Her hand settled over the picture of Jax, Opie, and herself, taken at the fair; big grins, and snuggled embraces, a dead set ringer for a photograph from their childhood. Everything felt so good that she couldn't believe it had to come to an end like this. She should have never left El Paso, she should have stayed put and been happy with the little freedom she had.

But then she would have never met her family like she did her; god knows when she would have seen Jax or even little Abel, she would have never known Tig or Juice, and she certainly wouldn't have done what she had with Chibs. So, in one aspect, she couldn't regret it. Not like that, at least. Winnie shook her head, zipping the bag closed before glancing around once more.

No trace of her left behind but a small note to be found once she had gone - and by that point, with some luck, she'd be halfway to the border. Everything was in order, all she had to do was run. With a lasting sigh, But that was all wishful thinking, and Winnie wasn't entirely sure she could pull it off - not if any of the guys were still lingering around the clubhouse. She had spent the better half of the afternoon slowly filing bags to her car, her gaze constantly returning to the trashed carcass from earlier.

He hadn't been back yet, and with no doubt in her mind, he had already met up with her mother, and was just waiting for Brian to return so that the three of them could all witness her arrest. She knew he would be the one to put the cuffs on her, to read her rights - or lack of, and to drive her all the way to the station with a smug smile on his face. Winnie knew it would be him, because that's just the kind of bastard he was. He never had liked her, and never wanted to embrace her. Why would that change now when he could lure this over all of their heads?

It wouldn't just be a knock to Winnie's ego, but also to Clay and Gemma's. The last kick of never being able to keep her, or to keep her safe; that's where it really lied, and Clay would see that the moment he saw Brian and the cuffs - although, she was sure he would be surprised when Brian didn't come for him, but rather his little girl.

Winnie had to leave before all the secrets spilled, and her father would be ruined forever. But there was also Opie - her sweet, protective brother. Gods did she pray he wouldn't be there; he didn't need to be arrested for assaulting a police officer. And neither did Jax; she would miss seeing Abel.

Life had turned bitterly unfair in a matter of hours, especially when everything felt like it was finally falling into place. But what else should Winnie have expected, it was her life after all. Nothing ever seemed to go right. No - that was wrong; things with Happy had gone right, things in the starting weeks here had been perfect; and maybe, if she allowed herself to believe, things with Chibs weren't all that bad either.