You are the type of being they don't want to miss out on

The next chapter is very smutty! Just a little warning, you can skip it if you want to. 

even when they know they will hurt you they walk into your life to taste you because you are the type of being they don't want to miss out on. you are too much shine to not be felt.

- Page 132, selfish

Winnie was relatively quiet in the hours after; having made sure Gemma was okay with a cup of tea and the comfort of Luann. Jax and Tara headed out, Clay riding off with Tig, leaving Winnie in the middle with a broken escalade. She huffed, rubbing at the pounding that burned in her head. Nothing felt easy, everything felt a little too much at the moment as she took a deep breath.

She had to get back to the club, and from the text she got, she was waiting for Opie to pick this up. Win sat in the dying embers of sunlight, the warm ruffle of the wind musing with her hair, letting her sit back against the wall. She was unsure if she was going to return to the wrap party or not, the question still floating around in her mind, weighing up the options. An hour or two wouldn't hurt, but it would be a pain to get back.

And she'd have to see everyone. It didn't feel right to go, to mingle in what felt like the boys' business. Her hand ran through the curls, pushing them further back; she'd touched those curls so many times, she was sure they were starting to look like Tig's. A soft rumble echoed through the buildings, her head darting up at the sight of the tow truck; Opie sitting in that front seat. "You always that ugly?" He teased, smirking as he pulled the truck up opposite.

"You're one to talk; are you Opie or a young Santa?" A middle finger flipped up, her smile rising. "You're dragging the escalade right?"

"Yeah. Heard Gemma and Clay got into it in the parking lot." Winnie nodded, watching him climb out from the cab. "Pretty nasty if you ask me."

"You have no idea." She agreed before crossing her arms, and waiting. Opie worked with a precision only years of working could provide him, his hands moving with ease to load up the car. "What's going on Ope? Why's everything fucked up?" She asked as he loaded the last of it, making sure it was secure.

He shrugged, shaking his head. "Hard to tell, but there's a power struggle between Clay and Jax. Jax wants change, thinks he can get one up on Clay." That didn't sound like Jax, but if that's what was going on, that's what was going on.

"You think that's all of it?" The question made Opie hesitate, hand reaching out for her.

She took it, being pulled from the ground. "Hard to say; the club's going through some hard times, everyone's got beef with someone." Winnie kept quiet for a moment, making her way to the passenger seat before pulling herself in, and sitting in. "You chose a time to come back, that's for sure."

"I still haven't thanked you for helping me out, and keeping my secret." The ice dropped to her hands, clenching each other. "I didn't mean to worry anyone, and you certainly didn't need to think about it after Donna."