♡ 12. - 𝑰𝒏𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 ♡

✞︎__________✞︎

[𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚘𝚏: 1𝚡6]

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 defeat as Zae's body crashed onto the ground, with an open red bruise glued to her temple.

Heavy footsteps rumbled behind her, the grounder getting closer to his 'prey'. She could feel her hand trail to her waistband, shakingly wrapping her fingers around a knife.

Just as the freckled girl flipped her body around to face the grounder, a hard fist collided with her face. The hard leather on his fist bust open her lip, causing blood to spread over her tongue. Just like that, the knife flew away into the grass.

Six knives.

The grounder showed no mercy, when grabbing her collar, pulling the young girl up - only to strike her forehead again. His fist was like rocks hitting her.

Zae's vision was a solid blur as the grounder picked something up, lifting it over his head. As she blinked once, she could see that it was that axe. He swung it toward her face.

If she hadn't quickly rolled out of the way her face would've been split in half by that axe. It brushed past her shoulder as she immediately got on her shaky feet, moving toward Roma's body.

The freckled girl closed her hands around the spear that had impaled the older girl's body, pulling it out with force. Roma's body slid down to the grass, still with no sign of being alive.
Zae swung the long spear toward the grounder's neck, as nearly his whole face was covered in face paint and protection made of wood.

The grounder dodged the spear's tip with what looked like ease, giving Zae more panic.

In an aggressive move, he grabbed a hold of the spear as well, holding it against her neck - just before he tripped her to the ground.

She could feel herself choke, as the grounder pinned the handle of the spear against her neck. The only thing keeping him from ending her were the two hands of hers holding it, trying to steer it away.

When the grounder realized that the freckled girl wouldn't budge, he made a strange move. The opposite side of the tip suddenly connected with her head, letting the spear spin out of control, to then land a few meters away.

Zae felt so ... alive. This wasn't like getting a casual beating from Blake. She was actually fighting for dear life.

The grounder punched her in the face again. This time, blood splattered out of her mouth, onto the ground.

A wheezing sound echoed in her ears and her head fell to the side, resting on both the ground and her left shoulder.

It was deadly quiet as the freckled girl tried to stand up, facing the ground, as if she'd forgotten about the grounder, who was holding an axe, aimed at the back of her head.

But the axe fell to the ground when something else knocked the grounder over, and a stab was heard.

Barely conscious, Zae turned around with blurry eyes, but she could still see the scene in front of her.

A thin and tall woman clung to the grounder, with a knife pierced in his back. She couldn't quite make out what she was screaming, but she knew for a fact it was in another language. The silky raven black hair reached all the way down to her hips, not even braided or set up in a ponytail. The female grounder clung to him so tightly, both her feet reached each other when her legs were wrapped around the grounder's torso, keeping him from ripping her off like a doll.