fourty one.

"I was wondering when you all were going to stop all that ruckus..."

THIRD POV

THIRD POV

Even though she pleaded and begged, the heroes didn't let Y/n accompany them.

"But why? She is my best friend! The least I could do is be one of the first people to see her when she wakes up."

But they still didn't let her join them, and the person that was especially against the idea of her coming was none other than Bakugou himself.

"Listen, Y/n, first, you're not a hero, let alone have any training experience in being a hero. If the press finds you, and starts asking questions, then eventually find out you don't have a hero license, you AND UA are both fucked. Second, it's too dangerous. From what we saw at the festival, you do have an amazing quirk, and it could be powerful with the right training. But it's not fit for battle just yet. Third, we don't even know who we're up against, and I would never forgive myself if I put you in an awful situation."

Y/n just stared at him, but didn't argue further. She knew everything he was saying was true, and there was no point arguing anymore. She'd just have to sit and possibly watch the news, trying to stay updated from there.

She sighed in defeat. "Fine, Kat. Just go do your hero things and save my best friend. But promise me you won't get hurt," she said firmly.

Bakugou smiled slightly and embraced his girlfriend, kissing her on the forehead.

"Yes ma'am."

.•° ✿ °•.

BAKUGOU'S POV

After Y/n left us, in the room, we decided to strategize again.

"I'm glad you didn't tell Y/n that it was Shigaraki we were dealing with."

"Yes, I had to. That would've put her in a panic for no reason.

I didn't like the fact that I was lying to Y/n, but it was genuinely, for her own good. Once we get Michiko back, then I'd tell her. But for now, it was best that she didn't know.

We had known that Reira had been linked to Shigaraki for a while, and we were waiting for the right spark to take her in. I guess, by chance, we did.

As I was putting on my hero gear, Dek- Izuku and Todoroki came up to me.

"Where are you going, Bakugou?" Todoroki inquired, peering at me keenly.

I rolled my eyes. "Out. We're going on a rescue mission," I replied swiftly, not wanting to say much so that they don't end up getting involved.

I guess a part of me wanted to impress Y/n, and show her that I'd be a good hero by myself. Which I will. I am going to become the number one hero, after all.