Chapter 11

Tree branches and thorns smacked Billie's face as he ran through the dark woods. His arms still tied behind his back, he ran as fast as he could. Trying to get away from the police officers that would soon be close behind, Billie Joe took sharp turns and slid down hills.

Pain shot up his body every time his feet pounded on the ground. He couldn't see where he was going, causing him to run into trees more than often.

Billie Joe hesitantly glanced behind him. He was afraid that looking back would slow him down, but it made him go faster. Adrenaline pumped through his veins causing him to feel like he could run a marathon.

Not far behind him was a group of seven police officers with flashlights searching for Billie. They didn't seem to be paying attention to any tracks, making Billie Joe's efforts to throw them off a waste.

Billie tried to hush his loud pants. He didn't want the cops to have any kind of suspicion as to where he was. He gulped down the fear that was creeping up his throat.

His lungs burned, obviously not having any reaction to the adrenaline, but he kept running. He couldn't stop. He just couldn't.

"Spread out men! It's the only way to find this fucker before he gets too far. All meet back at the squad cars in fifteen minutes. If you find him, don't let him get away again," the police officer said.

The determination in his voice scared Billie Joe. It freaked him out even more when he realized that they were pretty close considering he could hear what he was saying.

Heavy foots steps started towards Billie indicating that they had spread out.

A quick idea came to Billie's head that he should climb a tree and wait until they go back to their cars in fifteen minutes, but he then mentally slapped himself for the thought. There was no way he was climbing up a tree with his arms handcuffed.

So he kept running. Twigs snapped beneath his feet making him cringe, but the officers were too far away to hear. His lungs continued to burn and Billie began to taste blood in his throat. The adrenaline was telling him go, but his lungs told him stop.

After killing ten minutes running in a straight line into the woods from the cops, Billie Joe decided he couldn't take it anymore. He needed a break. He needed to rest.

But Billie wasn't going to take the risk of being caught. He listened to what Fink said, and he ran.

There was still about five minutes left on the search for Billie Joe. This made Billie relieved, but he knew the search would continue into the morning and over the next few days.

Giving up on finding Billie Joe for the night, the cops headed back to their cars. Billie finally relaxed from his tense stand point. This made Billie finally stop running as he decided to rest up against a tree.

He slid down the rough bark and sat down. His legs burned along with his lungs, and sweat poured down his face. Not to mention the pain coming from his wrists. Billie panicked when he thought about how he was going to get the handcuffs off.

Billie Joe's shoes sat in from of him untied and his jeans were ripped from the sharp tree branches. He closed his eyes and let out a shaky breathe. He was thankful that he didn't have heavy legs from his fear like he did in his nightmares.

The sound of slow, sarcastic claps startled Billie causing him to straighten his posture and open his wide eyes. He rested all of his body weight his arms that were cuffed behind him.

"Wow, wow, wow. Would you look at that? Billie boy did it. He got away," Fink said, continuing to clap.

Billie Joe relaxed, but he still remained slightly tense. Fink's presence wasn't a very calm one for him.

"I have to say, I didn't think you could do it. I thought you would be the coward you've always been and give up. But you didn't do that. You really must not want to go to jail huh?" Fink said.

He crouched down in front of Billie and made eye contact with the fearful boy. He looked to weak in front of Fink.

"Fink, I -"

"But you do know it's not over right? You do know it's very FAR from over right? Them officers will be after you at the crack of dawn and your face will be all over the news. You'll be found in no time," Fink grinned while crawling over to Billie Joe.

Billie pulled his knees to his chest to protect him from what ever devilish hit Fink was about to give him.

Eventually, Fink got right up to Billie Joe and he grabbed him by the waist. Billie winced at the pain. Fink's grip was firm and frightening.

"Are you still suicidal? You might as well kill yourself now. Look at you. You're a coward. You're the size of a twig because of the weight you lost. All your family is scared of you now. Look at what you've done," Fink grinned as he gripped Billie's waist harder in an attempt to leave bruises on the small man.

Billie Joe could feel Fink's nails starting to dig into his small waist. He started to cry from the pain. The pain Fink was causing him was enough to make him cry.

"Fink, you're hurting me..." Billie whispered.

"Oh am I? Poor Billie can't take a little pain?" Fink growled holding his firm grip.

At this point the pain became too much for Billie and he broke down in tears. His sobs were from pure pain as he tried to squirm himself free from Fink.

Fink felt sympathy. It showed on his face that he was feeling bad for Billie Joe, but he quickly pushed away the thought and kept his firm hold.

"Daddy!" Billie Joe sobbed. He threw his head back and started to bang it against the the tree behind him. He missed his dad dearly. His dad was always the one to comfort him. His dad was always the one to make things better.

Fink loosened his grip and sadly looked up at Billie. He watched as he screamed for his dad and banged his head up against the tree. He put his hand behind the singer's head to cushion it from hitting the tree.

"Come on Billie boy. Stop doing that," Fink said starting to feel regret for how he was treating Billie Joe.

"Just leave Fink. JUST FUCKING LEAVE! I want to be alone!" Billie Joe screamed through his tears.

Fink grabbed Billie's face with both hands and stared him in the eyes. Billie Joe didn't make eye contact with him and looked at the ground. His tears had turned to whimpers as his body hurt. Just like always, Fink wiped away Billie's tears. This made Billie look up at Fink.

"You gotta stay strong Billie Joe. Your dad is watching you and he doesn't want to see you cry like this. Pull yourself together," Fink said with great pity for Billie.

Billie sniffed and swallowed down the remaining whimpers.

"You have to get away."

Billie nodded.

"And stop being such a whiny bitch," Fink continued. Then, he was gone, leaving Billie Joe to think for himself.

At this point Billie didn't know what to think of Fink. At times his brought him pain, at times he brought him comfort. He didn't know whether to feel grateful or bad for himself.

With that, Billie tried to curl himself into the most comforting ball possible. It wasn't very ideal to be sleeping with handcuffs, but he had to be ready for the morning.

Lord only knows what the next day will bring.