Chapter 5

Billie's obsession with losing weight was beginning to get out of hand. It's become more of a habit than anything. Billie Joe oftentimes forgets to eat and ends up skipping meals. Over the course of four days he lost six pounds, and it definitely wasn't needed.

Sometimes Adrienne would find Billie in the bathroom lying down in the bathtub rocking himself. He would mumble about suicide, weight, and his sanity.

Adrienne considered getting help, but every time she mentioned it Billie Joe would get upset.

It wasn't always easy to see Billie in the condition he was in, but she knew she had to be there for him. Mike and Tré have been avoiding him.

Soon Adrienne decided it would be better if she and the boys went to visit her parents for a few days.

Billie knew it was because she thought he was crazy, or at least that's what he inferred. He couldn't blame her though. Who would want to be around someone who talks to a voice in their head?

With nothing else to do while being alone in his own home, Billie Joe decided to practice his guitar. He hasn't touched the thing in days considering Mike and Tré have left him hanging.

He rose from the couch and walked up his lengthy stairs. Pictures of him and the family hung on the walls as he passed by. Sometimes they made him cry because he knew his family would never be the same.

Eventually he made it to his practice room, and his eyes instantaneously landed on his prized possession: Blue. Nowadays he's been using other guitars, and he hasn't been playing the rich sound of the guitar he's had since he was eleven.

He picked it up by the neck and slung the strap over his head.

Just as a beginner, he tried to play the chords to Basket Case. It didn't go as smoothly as he had anticipated. His hand shook and he couldn't play the chords on time. Slip ups and start overs began to make him extremely frustrated.

"Fucking hell," Billie muttered through gritted teeth.

Another note out of key.

"Shit!" Billie Joe shouted.

He couldn't take it anymore. He missed a few days and now he was getting this. Next thing you know he'll be throwing amps across the room.

Billie sat forward and put his face in his hands. He shamefully listened to his angered breaths. Why was he letting something so small get to him?

Suddenly a loud clank came from the kitchen. It sounded as though a glass fell on the floor, or maybe even thrown on the floor.

Billie began to panic. Adrienne and the kids were gone. No one else has a key to his place. Who would be in his house?

"Hello?" Billie Joe called. He knew it was a stupid thing to do, but for all he knew it could be Tré sneaking in through his window.

He slowly stood to his feet and tiptoed out of the room. Billie hesitantly peaked around the corner. No sight of anyone.

Billie Joe quickly but quietly made his way down the stairs, taking light feathery steps. He peaked around the banister of his steps. No one in sight.

"Hello?"

Nothing.

Billie walked into the kitchen and undoubtedly saw the glass cup on the floor. He snapped his head up and frantically looked around the room. Someone had to have done this.

Billie cautiously stepped into the living room. Scarily, the TV was turned off. He knew for sure that he had left it on for comforting sounds in the background while being alone.

Temptingly, someone cleared their throat. Billie turned on his heel as fast as he could. He looked in all directions, but no one was around.

"Mikey? Tré? This isn't funny. It's actually pretty childish," Billie said. He tried to stay confident, but anyone could hear the fear in his voice.

He abandoned the living room and checked the front door and all of his windows. He was scared to find that they were all locked.

"Tré? I swear to god if it's you I'm gonna kick you in the family jewels," Billie yelled through the hollow house.

He went back into the kitchen to pick up the glass that was thrown on the floor by god knows who, only to find that it wasn't there.

"Mike?! Tré?! Anyone?!" Billie shouted, his breathing quickening.

"I guess you could consider me 'anyone'," someone chuckled. They were right behind Billie Joe.

Billie froze, but didn't turn around. He recognized the voice, but he didn't know who it was.

"Earth to Billie Joe. Is anyone there?" the voice laughed.

Finally Billie turned, and he was surprised at what he saw.

Lounging in a dining table chair sat a man that looked strangely similar to Billie Joe. He had messy black hair and green eyes that you could see from a mile away. His lips relaxed into a pout and were layered with black lipstick. He wore what seemed to be everyday clothing, but he creepily had a devil's tail hanging in between his legs. Over his face he wore a black and white striped mask that covered everything but his mouth and eyes. He was different to say the least.

Seeing Billie Joe's confusion, he rose to his feet and made his way over to Billie. The man's lips curled into a wicked smirk as he approached. His hips swayed almost femininely and his steps were light on the tile floor. Billie Joe stood frozen as he came closer and closer. He didn't know what to do.

The man put a hand under Billie's chin and rose his face higher.

"So that's what you look like. I would've never guessed we would look exactly the same," the man said smiling at his vagueness.

Billie sucked in a sharp breath from fear.

He let go of Billie's chin and left the kitchen for Billie Joe to follow. Quickly thinking, Billie reached into the drawer for a knife. Better safe than sorry.

The smirk was still laid across the man's face as he took a seat on Billie's couch. Billie came into the room, but he didn't dare to get any closer to the unknown man.

"Come Billie Joe. Take a seat," the man said and motion for Billie to sit next to him. Billie scuffed.

"Who are you? Why are you in my house? How do you know my name?!" Billie shouted making it obvious that he had a knife held by his side.

The man's eyes only flickered to the weapon before his green eyes met Billie's.

"No need to get violent," the man spoke calmly.

"Who are you?!" Billie yelled impatiently.

The man only cackled a hazardous laugh while Billie stood waiting for his answer. One more second and Billie was going to send that knife right through his chest.

Finally calming down, the man pretended to wipe away tears of laughter.

"Oh Billie, I'm a little upset that you don't recognize me. That you don't recognize my voice," the man said exaggeratively laying a hand over his heart.

Billie squinted his eyes in confusion.

The man chuckled.

"My name is Fink. I'm the voice in your head."