|| Chapter Twenty Two ||

(Y/N) held onto her briefcase tightly

(Y/N) held onto her briefcase tightly. It held her hero costume and her essentials, tucked away and ready for the weekend ahead. Lately, she felt like she had been travelling a lot more than she ever had. She barely spent more than a week at the dorms before going somewhere else. It was beginning to weigh on her. Nervousness was building up inside of her.

Her eyes watched the buildings and people fly by as the bus sped through the roads. She ground her teeth together, although she hadn't realised she was doing it. Her heart was in her chest. She'd told herself she was ready for the work studies, which she was, but as she got closer to actually being there, she realised how scared she really was. She dreaded what may come of the work study this time when the last time it had resulted in her being kidnapped. She inhaled sharply. She was in the hands of the number-one pro-hero. She would be fine. Right?

She stepped off the bus alongside Bakugou, Midoriya, and Todoroki. In comparison to her, they all looked tranquil and calm. They were confident about what they were about to face; confident that they could face whatever was thrown at them. (Y/N) felt as though she may collapse if a wasp came near her. The juxtaposition was not lost on her.

Endeavor was waiting at the bus stop for them. He was silent for a moment as he watched the four file out of the bus before plastering on a forced smile that did nothing to calm (Y/N)'s nerves. "Welcome to the Endeavor Hero Agency!" His voice was unusually chipper, although it seemed to have a time limit as it ended just as quickly as it had begun. "I can't believe I have to train you..." He snarled with a dirty look. (Y/N) grimaced at his words. "I gave my permission reluctantly as a favour to Shoto, but I wish he'd come on his own." Endeavor said bluntly.

"It's already done so don't complain." Todoroki rolled his eyes with an irritated look, already regretting choosing to let his father teach him.

"What? Shoto?!" Endeavor's eyes widened with offence.

"I've been thinking since supplementary lessons..." Bakugou chimed. "You're an asshole." He shrugged, looking at Endeavor with unwavering confidence.

(Y/N) stared at the blonde with an absurd look although she couldn't suppress the slight smirk on her lips. He said what everyone was thinking.

Endeavor's jaw tightened. "Are you really friends with this delinquent, Shoto?!" He glared at his son fiercely.

Bakugou was unphased. "But if I can see how the top hero works, I don't really care."

"I told you to choose your allies wisely!" Endeavor snapped.

Midoriya gulped and forced on a smile. "We appreciate you allowing us to do our work studies with you, Sir!" He cut in, trying to calm down the hostility that was rising.

(Y/N) nodded vigorously. "Yep!" She added, helping Midoriya with his goal to keep everyone civil.

Endeavor's gaze lingered on (Y/N) for a moment. "Yamasaki..." He mumbled.