|| Chapter Seventeen ||

"What's wrong?! Use it!" Bakugou yelled hoarsely as he hurled himself across the training arena, explosions erupting from his open palms in fits of spark and showing off his extraordinary strength

"What's wrong?! Use it!" Bakugou yelled hoarsely as he hurled himself across the training arena, explosions erupting from his open palms in fits of spark and showing off his extraordinary strength. His brows were knitted with his usual frustration and his red eyes flared with both anger and with a grace of determination shining through it.

Midoriya stumbled backwards from Bakugou's attack, ducking beneath the explosive flames. His hands were outstretched and his eyes were wide with fright. He let out a shriek of panic as he narrowly evaded the dangerous fires that threatened to scald him.

"What?! Are you scared or something?!" Bakugou continued to berate. He barrelled closer and closer to the green-haired boy. He jutted his arms forward in a quick thrust and tunnel of detonation fired right at Midoriya, aiming for nothing but to win.

Midoriya screeched as he skidded across the arena fall, his body bending every which to try and escape the attack. "Wait- Wait- Wait!" He yelped as he was thrown about in the air like a ragdoll. "I'm trying but it won't activate!" He cried.

All Might's face screwed up with worry before he stepped forward. "Stop!" His voice penetrated the boys' fight. "This is not how you should approach this! Cut it out!"

Bakugou landed coolly on the floor. He stood and straightened himself with an annoyed look, his hands clenched at his sides. "That new power is useless if it doesn't work when he's in trouble," Bakugou commented. His tone was not nearly as harsh as it was but rather a tone he cared about, paired with the natural hoarseness of his voice.

"We're supposed to be making sure it doesn't come out." All Might sighed, a nervous expression on his face. Midoriya landed with a loud breath of exhaustion, putting his hands on his knees as he steadied his breathing. "Young Midoriya, how do you feel?" The ex-number-one pro-hero asked tentatively, his eyes searching his protege for any kind of injury or hindrance.

Midoriya straightened and stared at his hands. Green sparks flared around his knuckles. "Like I did before the training match..." His voice was quiet. "I don't sense Black Whip anymore..."

"So..." All Might began. His voice was calm as he spoke. He sat down in front of the two boys with a tired look but still tried to maintain some sort of professionalism. Midoriya sat up straight with his eyes trained fiercely on his mentor while Bakugou slouched on the sofa, his gaze pointed upwards carelessly and paying no care to the two he was with. "A previous wielder's quirk... and One For All is evolving." All Might thought aloud. He struggled to wrap his mind around the whole ordeal.

"You guys always have secret meetings in here?" Bakugou grumbled with his chin in his hand. His lips were cast downwards in a natural frown.

Midoriya eyed him carefully before he smiled. "I was surprised to hear you joining us today!"

"I asked Young Bakugou to join us because he knows the truth behind your power." All Might's voice was solemn as he spoke.

"So, did you know about this All Might?" Bakugou questioned. He still did not look at the hero. His eyes instead stared into the tea he held with an unreadable expression. "About the dark energy? And the person Deku spoke to?" His voice was calmer, although it still had a rashness to it.