|| Chapter Eleven ||

"A school trip?" Yaoyorozu echoed with a puzzled look

"Yes, this is highly unusual!" Iida added.

(Y/N) sank into her chair at the back of the class. This was because of her. She requested to leave for a week, at most, and the school took that and made it into a whole school trip to her home country. Only she, Todoroki, Midoriya, Kirishima, and Bakugou knew the trip was about her. Although, they were told to keep that information to themselves.

"We feel as though you students deserve a break," Aizawa answered unconvincingly. Still, his monotone voice didn't dampen the excitement for a free holiday.

"This is so exciting!" Uraraka squealed. "Where are we going?!"

"Yeah! Spain? Sweden?" Kaminari began to guess frantically.

"(B/P)." Aizawa answered calmly.

"How peculiar!" Iida chimed again. "I mustn't complain, though! A break may be beneficial for all of us!"

"I agree! I need a vacation!" Mina giggled.

"Yeah! We need time when we're not being attacked!" Sero nodded profusely. "When do we go, Sir?"

"Next week. It will be a four-day trip so don't start making too much of a fuss. All you need to do is be ready by next Tuesday at 7 am sharp with your bags packed. Anyone who is late will be left behind."

The week raced by, and soon enough, the class were parading up and down the airport with gleeful smiles on their faces, eagerly awaiting their trip.

(Y/N), opposingly to her excited friends, sat on a chair at the gate with her left leg bouncing up and down. Her body was wracked with nerves. She nibbled on her bottom lip as her eyes darted across the airport sharply.

"You nervous?" Kirishima asked after having taken a seat next to her. He placed a hand on her knee to slow it down.

(Y/N) gulped and turned to meet his gaze. "Scared shitless." She admitted. "I don't even know what to expect."

"We've been through this..." Kirishima sighed with a comforting look. "We'll get there. Spend the night. The next morning, Aizawa will take you to the hospital and they'll take a DNA sample to track your father. If they can, you'll find him, talk to him, and see what kind of quirks your parents had." They had gone through the plan countless times but that didn't stop the worry that consumed (Y/N).

"What if they can't find him? What if he doesn't want to talk to me? What if they were quirkless and this whole trip was for nothing?" (Y/N) panicked. She pulled away from Kirishima and dropped her head into her hands, bringing her knees up to her chest. She massaged her temples gently. "I can't believe I made UA do this..." She mumbled.

"You did not make UA do this. You asked to be exempt from classes and they did this. Which I'm sure is not what you expected." Kirishima chuckled to lighten the mood. "Plus, their reasoning does make sense. We do deserve a break. This year has been a rollercoaster and I'm sure these guys are looking forward to a few days of peace."

(Y/N) sighed as she lifted her head. She nodded as she spoke. "You're right." She met his eyes again. "I just don't want to be in the way." She frowned.

"You're never in the way, (Y/N)," Kirishima responded earnestly.

(Y/N) smiled. "Thanks." She breathed. "I guess it will be nice to see where I was born. I haven't left Japan since I arrived. It will be weird." She admitted.

"It will be. But it will be fun! These are your people after all..."

(Y/N) laughed. "It will be fun being the class's only translator." (Y/N) rolled her eyes.

"Todoroki speaks English, though, right?" Kirishima raised a brow.

"Todoroki speaks perfect English. But getting him to admit it is not a fun objective. You'll have to force him to translate." (Y/N) grinned. Her eyes searched for Todoroki in the crowd but she couldn't find him.

Kirishima laughed with her. "I don't even know why Aizawa is going with you. He can't speak English."

"I think he does, but I think it's a little broken. I'll do most of the speaking anyway. He's more like a bodyguard than anything." (Y/N) giggled.

Kirishima let out a boisterous laugh. He watched his class move. "I think they're boarding, we should get moving."

Class 1A boarded the aeroplane smoothly and readied themselves for a journey. (Y/N) sat between Mina and Sero. She read for most of the journey and watched part of a film she had downloaded for the last hour. Soon enough, they arrived in (B/P), the place (Y/N) was born, the place she was meant to grow up in. She inhaled deeply as she stepped off the plane, eyeing the runway. She noticed English signposts, English-speaking people. She didn't know if she felt at ease or unnerved. Yes, she spoke English with her brother and Todoroki, but she was sure it had been broken after all these years and that she may very well have an accent as she spoke. She looked unsure as they went through the airport, eventually leading to them entering a coach to take them to a hotel.

"Wow! This is so cool!" Mina gushed, her eyes staring at the area with wide eyes. "Can't believe we're on vacation, guys!"

"I know!" Kaminari giggled. "Isn't this exciting, (Y/N)?!" He nudged her.

(Y/N), who was rattled with fear, jumped at his sudden jostle. Her eyes flew wide. "Y-Yeah! Really cool..." She answered nervously.

His brows furrowed. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." She breathed. She looked upon her classmates who were busying themselves with their own joy before she leaned into Kaminari. "You can't tell anyone, okay?" She whispered shallowly.

Kaminari looked at her curiously but nodded his head nonetheless.

"This is where I was born." She muttered.

Kaminari's eyes widened with shock. He bit back a gasp. "Cool..." He strained in a quiet voice.

(Y/N) chuckled at him.

"Why are we here then?" He murmured, careful not to make his voice heard.

"I want to find my dad... to find out more about my quirk." She admitted.

Kaminari gave her a perplexed look. "You don't live with your dad?"

"I'm not having this conversation again." She rolled her eyes. "Later!"

The class boarded the coach and headed to the hotel where they all settled in for the evening. The class had no plan. It was heading towards six in the evening in (B/P), but it was heading towards the early hours of the morning in their minds due to the time difference.

(Y/N) shared a room with Yaoyorozu, Tsu and Uraraka. The girls spoke idly for the first hour before they headed to bed with the sun still up. They were exhausted, riddled with jet lag. Three slept soundly. (Y/N) lay awake, staring up at the ceiling with scared eyes. She had slowly been regaining her sleep since returning from the compound. She really had left Overhaul there. But now, horrid scenarios ripped through her mind. The next few days would be treacherous.