|| Chapter Seven ||

"You're really not taking part, Yamasaki?" Midoriya questioned as they stepped onto the platform that looked upon the large screen of cameras pointed into the training simulation

(Y/N) shook her head. "I'm just not ready," she sighed. "I still haven't used my quirk and... well, you saw what happened." She chuckled awkwardly.

Midoriya looked at her with a sympathetic look. "I understand." He nodded. "What you did must be hard. You need to take your time."

"Exactly." (Y/N) smiled. "I'm getting closer to being ready. I just need to wait it out. I still have this fear about using it."

(Y/N), while she had told the teachers, hadn't told her classmates about the discoveries she found out about her quirk while she was trapped in the bunker. The "doctors", while not professional and with a probable lack of qualifications, had noted that they seemed to think that her quirk was not Particle Rearrangement. She was determined to learn more about it. The more she knew, the more she could do with it. She just needed to take some time before she was ready to use it again. The last time she had properly used it, she ripped someone's head open, albeit it was the man who had tortured her, but the ongoing fear that she may hurt someone like that again was unavoidable. She had to be sure that she had control before she would use it again.

So, rather than participating in this week's practical training with the rest of her class, she chose to sit out and observe instead. Aizawa was surprisingly kind about her lack of participation, assuring her that she would not be penalised and that if she wished to stay at the dorms rather than watch, he would allow her to do so. Nevertheless, (Y/N) didn't want to be excluded entirely. She thought that if she observed her classmates, she could still learn from what they did and their mistakes.

Everyone was dressed in their hero costumes, feeling pumped for the training ahead. (Y/N) wore suitable autumn clothing. The air was chilly. She had noticed a lot of her fellow classmates had adapted their costumes to suit the cold weather, except Hagakure who was jittering at the bite of the cold air.

"Aren't you cold, Hagakure?" Jirou wondered with a raised brow, observing the girl as she jumped up and down with what could be perceived as excitement, but was in fact cold.

"Yep! Freezing!" Hagakure exclaimed with a chatter of her teeth.

"I hadn't realised the temperature had dropped so much," Ojiro commented.

His words resonated with (Y/N) more than anyone else. The seasons had changed while she lay asleep in the hospital, while she roamed the endless void within her mind, completely oblivious to the life that passed around her. She was captured in August and it was now November. What was once blistering summer heat was now the bite of autumn cold. She shivered at the air.

"Everyone's costumes have changed since we started school, haven't they?" Iida excitedly noticed.

That was something (Y/N) had noticed too. While it wasn't on her priority list, she was sure to seek out Mei Hatsume soon to see if she could add any more modifications to her costume. Although first, she'd have to see what she could do with the elements of her quirk she was oblivious to beforehand. Still, she didn't want to fall behind. Everyone's upgrades made her suddenly feel inferior.