Chapter 4

I narrowed my eyes at Sophie and asked, "help with what?" She usually had some type of plan up her sleeve and I wasn't sure if this would be any different.

"I'm not scheming anything, don't worry. I think I'm going to try and find a roommate," Sophie said. "Everything is so expensive and I think it might help having someone else to split the bills with."

"You're probably right," I said, "but what do you need my help with?"

"I just posted something online to see who responds, so I need your help deciding," Sophie said.

"Uhh Soph I'm not sure that just posting a random ad is the best idea," I said skeptically.

Sophie shrugged as she scrolled through her phone, "can't be that bad, see I already have a few people interested."

"Yeah but," I started, "do you actually know any of them?"

"Well no..." Sophie said hesitantly.

"And you just want a random person living with you?" I asked.

"Don't ruin all my fun Cas!" Sophie said sarcastically. "It's fine I'll meet them before I tell them they can move in."

"Whatever you say," I said as I gave her a look.

"Oh come on just help me look through the people who have responded so far," Sophie said.

She moved over closer to me on the couch and held her phone out as she started scrolling through applicants.

"She looks weird, she looks weird, she looks almost normal," Sophie said.

"Soph are you actually going to look at anything on their applications or just base everything off of their pictures?" I asked.

"I mean, I might look at some of the other information..." Sophie said.

I laughed at her and said, "you're ridiculous, I just want it on record that I don't approve of this method."

Sophie waved her hand at me to dismiss my comment as she kept looking.

"Oh damn," she finally said as she pointed to a picture on her phone, "this girl is gorgeous."

I rolled my eyes at her but looked over at her phone. "Okay you're not totally wrong," I admitted, "but she literally put that she's looking for a place because her boyfriend kicked her out."

"Well you never know..." Sophie said, "I mean look at you."

I reached over and smacked at her arm, "you're an ass," I said with a laugh. "I meant because that sounds like a messy situation."

"Maybe," Sophie shrugged, "but I still want to meet her. You never know she could be the best roommate ever."

"Hey whatever you say," I said.

"She looks familiar to me for some reason, I can't figure out why," Sophie said as she continued to examine her phone.

"Just be careful," I said cautiously, "don't want you living with some serial killer or anything."

Sophie rolled her eyes at me, "I will, but I have to get going. I'll keep you updated on my serial killer."

"Mhmm," I said as I narrowed my eyes at her. "Good luck with that."

"Alright I'll talk to you later Cas, oh and you're welcome again for playing matchmaker." She shot me a wink as she walked out the door.

I shook my head as I watched her leave, but I did kind of have her to thank.

A while later, I got a text from Jamie.

"Want to see something funny?"

"Always," I responded.

She sent me a screenshot of a conversation on her phone and I began reading it. It was multiple messages from Olivia, Jamie's ex, begging for her to take her back.

"Babe can you come over tonight?"

"Come on give me another chance"

"You're going to miss me"

Just a few of the gems that she had sent Jamie.

"Okay you're right, I did get a good laugh out of those," I said back. "But desperate much? ☠️"

"Exactly 😂," Jamie responded, "come over for dinner tonight?"

I really wanted to see Jamie again, but after Sophie and I's talk I had began to feel more and more guilty. I knew there was nothing wrong with being with Jamie, but I felt like she was right and we should be taking it slow.

Guess it was a little late to go back on that now.

"Sure," I said, "what time?"

"Come over at 6, I'll be here," Jamie said.

Maybe I'd have to talk to Jamie tonight about our relationship, or whatever this thing was that we had going.

———————————————————