Chapter 9

*Cas

"Why did you start feeling so guilty all of a sudden? It doesn't have anything to do with me...does it?"

Jamie had just asked me this as we sat on my couch under a blanket.

"What? I - no, that's not it," I stumbled over my words.

I sighed and rubbed my face, trying to figure out how to explain myself without pissing Jamie off.

"Cas," Jamie said as she put her hand on my thigh. "I just want to know what you're thinking, I don't want you to think I'm mad at you."

I nodded, "it's...it's more about Alex. I just can't stop feeling guilty about what I did to him."

Jamie kept her hand on my leg and rubbed her thumb along my thigh.

"I obviously don't know everything that went on, but from what you've told me it sounds like he was pretty understanding about everything," Jamie said.

"No he was, I just hate that I had to do that to him. Even if he's understanding I know it wasn't easy," I said.

Jamie nodded, "that makes sense."

"I just know that if I saw him out like a week later with some other girl it would be pretty upsetting for me," I looked down at my hands, waiting for Jamie to respond.

"Cas you're right but you know this is a different situation. And so does he," Jamie said as she wrapped her arm around me and pulled me closer to her.

"Yeah...I guess," I said quietly.

"Look I'm fine with moving at whatever pace you need to, no matter how hard that may be for me," Jamie said as she looked over at me with a smirk.

"But I really don't think you should feel guilty. It's not like you immediately went and found some random chick to hook up with," she said.

"You're right," I sighed. "I just can't shake that feeling yet, and I do still care about him."

Jamie didn't say anything and it made me wonder if she didn't like me saying that.

"I don't mean care about him like that," I said reassuringly. "I just want him to be okay is all, he's a good guy."

"I'm sure he will be," Jamie said as she leaned over and kissed my forehead, "don't be too hard on yourself."

"I'll try not to," I said.

"It's not your fault that you can't resist my good looks and charm," Jamie said. I looked over at her and rolled my eyes as she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"You keep telling yourself that," I said as I patted her leg.

"You and I both know it's true," she said.

She grabbed my face and turn my head towards her, squeezing my chin and planting a dramatic kiss on my lips.

"Charming as fuck," she said, trying to keep a straight face.

I laughed as I pulled the blanket off of our heads.

"Oh yes, very hard to resist," I said, nodding enthusiastically.

"Speaking of me being charming," Jamie said, "you know what I think we should do?"

"What should we do my little princess charming?" I said with a smirk.

That one got an eye roll out of Jamie before she answered.

"I think we need to go on an actual date, you know we've never really done that before. I want to do some of that normal shit with you too," she said with a grin.

I thought about it for a minute, and she was right. Our relationship had been anything but normal, that was for sure.

"I guess we haven't," I said. "But with everything that happened I'm just not sure..."

"Yeah, I know," Jamie said, pausing for a minute, "well what about a movie? Nice dark theater, no one will see us?"

"Yeah," I shrugged, "I guess that would be okay,"

"Well damn Cas don't sound so excited," she said with a smirk.

"Sorry!" I quickly said, "I am but you know, everything is still a little bit complicated."

"I know, we'll be careful, okay?" Jamie responded.

I nodded as she looked down at her phone to check the time.

"We can go catch one now if you want?"

"You mean you're not even going to let me have time to get ready for our big date??" I said sarcastically.

Jamie got up off of the couch and took my hand to pull me with her.

"Nope, you just look oh so beautiful now I know you don't need time," she said with a wink.

"Kiss ass," I said under my breath.

Jamie looked and pointed her finger at me, "don't tempt me."

I shook my head at her and laughed, "come on let's go."

———————————————————