"We'll bring back a bowl for you two," John looked at Alex and Kayce while he followed Tate out.

When the door shut, Alex looked at Kayce to find he was already staring at her with a small smile on his face.

"What?" Alex felt her own lips turn upwards.

"It'd be nice if you worked here," Kayce told her.

"Would it?" Alex asked.

"I think so," Kayce shrugged.

"I just need a job," Alex sighed, setting her glass on the table next to her. "Though it would be nice to not have to get new scrubs."

"New ones?" Kayce looked at her.

"Yeah, I turned in my old ones this morning," Alex nodded. "Didn't fit anymore."

"Alex..." Kayce trailed off.

"What?" Alex looked over at him.

Kayce had a frown on his face. He looked like he was having an internal battle inside his thoughts right now too.

"What?" Alex repeated.

"Uh..." Kayce sighed. "You've uh...lost some weight, Alex."

Alex blinked a few times slowly, looking at Kayce. She looked down at her hands for a second before biting her lip.

"I know," Alex whispered.

"M'not saying you look...bad, not at all," Kayce scooted closer to her on the couch. "The opposite, actually."

Alex tucked some of her hair behind her ear. She took a deep breath and looked forward.

"Alex," Kayce placed his hand on her thigh.

Alex turned her head and looked at Kayce.

"I'm eating more," Alex told him.

"I know," Kayce nodded. "I've been watching you...you're working and that's what matters...I didn't mean to upset you, I just could tell and I only said it because-"

"You care," Alex answered for him.

"Yeah," Kayce nodded, surprised. "I care about you."

Alex nodded slowly. Her eyes looked down to where Kayce's hand was still on her thigh. Alex placed her hand over Kayce's, leaned in, and kissed him slowly. It was a borderline lazy kiss, Alex taking a few seconds before she pulled back from him.

"How was your day with Tate?" Alex asked Kayce, leaning back against the couch, her head resting on Kayce's arm.

Kayce smiled.

"Good," Kayce told her. "Would you be up for a ride tomorrow with us?"

"It's freezing, Kayce," Alex smirked.

"I'll keep you warm," Kayce leaned his lips down to Alex's.

Alex reached up and fisted Kayce's button up where a few buttons were undone. His hand on her thigh rubbed a few inches higher. Their kiss ended with both of them smiling.

"What else did you do today?" Kayce asked her as he relaxed against the couch more.

Alex told him about her day, feeling a lightness about having someone ask her a simple, but meaningful question. The door to the back opened up, and John and Tate walked in with baskets. Alex tried to lean away from Kayce but there was nowhere for her to go. Tate was oblivious as he marched straight into the dining room. John paused as he looked at the two on the couch.

"You two realize you're playing with fire?" John asked his eyes on Kayce.

Alex felt her stomach drop. What did he mean by that?