chapter 13: life of guilt

Start from the beginning

Part of me knew that eavesdropping on them was bad but in order for her to feel comfortable here I had to do what was necessary.

I needed to help her.

I could hear Flynn murmur some sweet nothings and assured her to open up. I wish I could posses that ability with her. I wish that she could trust me and she could confide within me. I wish that I could be in Flynn's position right now. I wanted to be with her. I wanted to be him. I wanted her to acknowledge me as her actual brother.

But her next words broke me as a person..

"It's too much Flynn. It's too fucking much, I can't do this anymore. Everything is too different. It's too much change. I miss her. I miss her so fucking much. But when Vin-Vincent yelled at me, it triggered some past memories of her. The bad ones." She cried.

When she said those words I felt like someone had stabbed me with a dagger over and over again. I felt like the bad guy who hurt her. I didn't know that she was sensitive to these kind of things. I always raised my voice at the boys when they were in trouble and thought nothing different for my princess.

I didn't know how she felt about the situation. I didn't know about her. I should have. I should have been there for her, especially when she needed me. I should've been there the whole time. I shouldn't have let her leave so easily back then. I should've fought harder for her.

Maybe then, she would consider me as her brother.

Hopefully even family.

When I heard my name roll out her mouth along with hatred and shock, I was beyond emotional. I wanted my name to be associated with love for her. I wanted her to know that she was and still is my favourite person in the whole entire world. I wanted her to know that she kept me going even when I was feeling down. I wanted her to know that my love for her would stretch to infinity. I desperately needed her to know that.

I wish I could just open the door and just give her the tightest hug ever imaginable.

I want to be close with her again.

Adrien's pov:

My heart shattered into a million pieces the moment I heard her cry.

I wanted her to be happy in this house, I wanted this to be her home. I wanted her to stay with me forever and ever. I wanted to pick her up and snuggle with her till I die. I didn't want to let her go. I didn't want my baby to get or feel hurt within this household. I wanted her to feel safe, I wanted her to trust us.

I couldn't believe the words that came out of her mouth..

"When she hit me three days ago, I thought it was over. I thought that the woman that was once there had left. I know you said that she left ages ago, but I held out hope for her. I hel-helped her and fed her and took care of her. I even paid the stupid bills when she was too high or drunk to leave her couch. When she looked at me I couldn't find a single spark of hope left within that women. She faded away. My mother faded away. My own blo-blood. When I came here I experienced it too. I thought that after mother's death was announced that all the abuse was over, until my stupid biological brother took me in." Nat cried out.

When she left with Mary, I thought that I had lost Nat forever. Father never let us contact her and even give her a call. We wanted to talk to her so badly but we were punished even if we mentioned her name.