Chapter 18

Too many songs, my head's gonna explode

"Don't wanna hear you say!" Tony yelled and danced in his seat in the car. "Ain't nothin' but a heartache! Ain't nothin' but a mistake!"

"Don't wanna hear you say!" Clint joined in.

"I never wanna hear you say," Tony stared deeply into Clint's eyes.

"Oh, yeah," Clint nodded.

"I want it that way!" Tony sang.

"Tell me why!" They both yelled. "Ain't nothin' but a heartache!"

I stared at the two superheroes bopping along to the song in the radio. My heart was slowly dropping to the pits of my stomach. Was this seriously the group of heroes that was going to support me against Zeus?

I sighed and pinched my nose. My head hurt.

"I never wanna hear you say!" Clint sung.

"Don't wanna hear you say," Tony sang.

"I want it that way!" They joined in together, even Bruce decided to join.

"Are they always like this?" Annabeth asked. I looked over my shoulder to look at her.

"I don't know..."

"Yes, yes they are." Natasha muttered next to Steve who bopped his head to the song. "It's like this every time we take the van."

"Then why didn't we take a car?" Matteo asked and stroked Annabeth's hand with his thumb.

"Because one; we'd need more than one car and two; we'd sit cramped into a car up against each other, and that is far worse than this." Natasha told him.

"Oh..." Matteo shrugged, "Makes sense. But it's actually quite funny to listen to their karaoke." He spoke.

"No. No it's not." Nathan muttered and held his hands over his headphones to block out the noise from the singing Avengers. "It's so loud." He complained quietly.

"Don't worry," I said, "We're there soon."

"TELL ME WHY!" Bruce, Clint, Tony, and Thro bawled loudly. "I NEVER WANNA HEAR YOU SAY,"

"Don't wanna hear you say," Bruce sang.

"I WANT IT THAT WAY, 'CAUSE I WANT IT THAT WAY!" they all sang together. I should've taken some aspirin or something else before going on this drive because my head was pounding.

"We're here," Happy announced loudly, his voice was barely audible due to the little trio singing. I breathed out and opened the door in the side and jumped out and breathed in the fresh air.

Nathan stood beside me and took his headphones down around his neck.

"Finally." He breathed out, "That was the longest ride to the Empire State Building I've ever been on. Remind me not to drive with the Avengers ever again." He told me.

I chuckled and nodded, "Will do," I promised.

"Thank you." He nodded.

I turned to the Avengers and my ex and her new boyfriend.

"Everyone ready to go up?" I asked. I received small yesses and head nods before I turned and walked into the building. I walked over to the security dude who was reading some book. "Yo," I nodded my head.

He looked tiredly up at me and raised a dark eyebrow at me.

"I need the key card for the 600th floor." I told him.