Chapter 10

Thor's being stupid and I lit the stables

I chuckled and wrapped my arms around Rachel Dare. She squeezed me tightly and withdrew after a minute or two, then I received a slap across the face.

"Don't you ever leave like that again!" She lectured me.

"I left a note!" I tried to reason with her, but she turned around and walked over to Clarisse and Piper.

Clarisse grinned and walked over to me. "Good to see you again." She greeted me.

I smiled at her. "It's good to see you again too." I looked at Chiron who had opened the door for me. "How long have you been waiting for me?" I asked.

"Well... Piper, Nico and Will came back not long ago..." He started and walked over to the ping pong table where people sat down. I followed and sat in an empty seat. "It must have been... six hours since they came back, I suppose?" He looked at me.

"Dam." I commented. I had spent way too much time trying to get back to camp.

"Why? When did you leave?" Piper asked.

"When you guys left, I was brought back to the interrogation room, and I got Thor to help me get out. I came out like 30 minutes after you guys left." I told them.

"So, you ran this whole way to camp?" Miranda asked, frowning. "That's a long way, Percy."

I nodded. "Yeah, it's a long way, but no, I didn't run. I called for Blackjack."

"So that's why he suddenly flew away when we tried to groom him. Usually, he loves getting petted and cared for." Clarisse said. I nodded.

"But if you flew with Blackjack, how come it took so long? Getting donuts doesn't take that long, max 10 minutes." Malcolm Pace asked. His gray eyes watched me.

"Uhm..." I swallowed. I still wasn't exactly sure as to what had happened back then. Should I tell them? Maybe they knew about some monster or something that was able to do it. Malcolm's eyes moved a bit down and he looked at my chest or something. "So, something happened while I was with Blackjack." I started out.

A frown appeared on his face. "Is that blood?" He asked and pointed to my shirt. I looked down at myself and realized I had blood on my shirt and my hands. I had completely forgotten about that.

"Is Blackjack, okay?" Clarisse asked worried. "Do I need to beat someone up?" She asked and almost got up from her chair, but Piper pulled her down.

"Percy what happened?" McLean asked.

I looked at them. "I'm not sure." I admitted. "We were flying peacefully and the next thing I know, I'm on the ground leaning against a tree and Blackjack is terrified." I watched my old friend's faces slowly grow worried. "I tried to approach him to calm him down, but he kicked out after me and told me to stay away. He looked terrified at me. Like I betrayed him or something. I don't know what happened. But his wing was broken and there was blood on him. I had blood on my hands and shirt, but I know it wasn't mine, because I'm not hurt. I think." I took a breath. "I don't know if it was me who hurt him, or if it was a monster. I completely blacked out. I remember nothing from when I was on his back to when I was on the ground." I said and clenched my hands and looked down at my legs. I hoped he was okay. He had to be.

I looked up and saw the counsellors watching me. Chiron stared at me thoughtfully.

I turned and looked at Clarisse. "Do you guys have any idea of what happened?" I asked. I wanted an answer. I needed an answer. I needed an explanation as to what had happened.

"Maybe..." Piper started.

"Yes?" I was desperate.

"Maybe, it has something to do with the prophecy. And with what has happened this last year..." She spoke. I frowned upon hearing that. Had something happened this year?