Chapter 1

Bartender, threat and on the run

"Bartender! Beers!" A group of guys shouted. I nodded and grabbed five glasses, poured some beer in them, then placed the glasses on a platter, and then I balanced it over to the table.

"Five beers coming in." I said and placed each glass in front of every guy.

"Thanks, Jackson." Big Bear said and clapped me on the shoulder.

"Just doing my job." I shrugged and walked away. Big Bear was one of my regulars. He always comes at night and brings the creepiest guys, but at least I get a good sum of money. I place myself in my regular spot behind the bar and start to polish the glasses.

Lost in thoughts, I did not see a group of people come into my bar.

"A whiskey, please," a guy with a goatee said. I glanced at the man and reached underneath the counter and grabbed a bottle of whiskey. I poured some in a glass and pushed the glass over to the guy, the glass making a sliding sound against the wooden table. The man nodded, satisfied.

"We'll just take five glasses of water," a woman with furious red hair said. I nodded and placed each glass in front of the five people.

"Can I get a beer instead of water?" A blond, longhaired guy asked. Can't they make up their minds?

"Thor no. You are having water." The redhead said.

"A beer is coming up," I said. The redhead sighed, I ignored her and gave Thor his beer. He smiled at me at the sight of his beer, but I just gave him a dead look back. He widened his eyes. I returned to my spot and began polishing glasses again, listening in on a few conversations. I could feel Thor staring at me, but I just ignored it.

"...catch a kid no one has a clear picture of?" I tuned in on the conversation the new group was having.

"I don't know Tony, but first of all, we need to know what kind of guy we're looking for." A blond guy with blue eyes replied.

"SHIELD has sent us a file on him, but none of the pictures is clear enough to see his facial features. It's like when he looks at a camera, his face automatically gets blurred out." Redhead said. I froze. SHIELD. These people were with SHIELD.

"Yes, can you open the file?" Blond dude with blue eyes asked.

"Sure," Tony said. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a hologram of a file of a person.

"Hmm," Redhead leaned forward. "He was last spotted here in Manchester, so he got to be around here." I grabbed a new glass and started to polish it.

"The only information we have on him is his criminal record, who his parents are, and his name." Blonde guy said.

"Hey, excuse me, bartender," the redhead asked. I turned and looked at her.

"Yes?" I looked bored at her.

"Do you by any chance know someone or heard of someone named Perseus Jackson?" She looked at me with an analyzing look. By the mention of the name Perseus Jackson, all talking in the bar stopped, and everyone in the room froze. A few men, including Big Bear, stood up. She glanced around then, looked at me again. "Do you?"

I looked at her.

Big Bear walked over to the group and crossed his arms, looking quite big. "I think it's time for you and your friends to leave." He said with a low and threatening voice. I glared at the woman with red hair.

"Uhm, I think not." Tony said and looked at Big Bear, and stood up and crossed his arms, trying to look bigger than him, he failed at that, he still looked insignificantly minor compared to Big Bear. Big Bear stepped closer to Mr. Goatee, the blond guy had to pull Tony back, before he would do something he might regret.