Chapter 9

I did what?

I think Thor and I both messed up badly. Thor is a God and I come from the Greek world. We both live in completely different realities than the Avengers does, and normal mortal people does. Which is probably why we didn't think about cameras and security systems when I left.

I got to leave the building; I came that far. I even got to step foot onto the grass when the alarms started blaring loudly. I flinched and glanced back at the Avengers Compound. It was now or never, I knew that. And besides, Thor had told me he had my back. I could trust him. I hoped. This Thor was very different from Norse Mythology. I only knew about the real Thor because of Annabeth's cousin Magnus Chase. And Gods, he was hopeless in water. I could only hope he didn't die.

Anyways, I ran across the field, towards the woods.

"Hey stop!" I heard someone yell behind me. It was probably Steve. Or maybe Clint. I couldn't tell, and I didn't have time to turn around I just kept running.

"Do not stop young hero!" I could hear Thor bellow. I rolled my eyes and vanished into the woods. I could hear the Avengers' frustrated yells behind me, but that didn't stop me. It was surprisingly easy to escape from them, but then again; Thor had covered for me just the right amount of time I needed to be able to escape.

I kept running until I felt like I was at a safe distance to stop. And being a demigod made me automatically faster than a mortal at running. I had probably been running for around an hour or so, I wasn't exactly sure, I didn't have a watch on me.

I stopped in a small clearing and looked around. There were trees on each side of me. I looked up. There was a small hole in the trees, so the sky was visible. It should be able to fit a flying car in it...

I whistled my best taxi call I could manifest. I waited. He should be coming any second. I could also try to send him a mental message, but I wanted to give him a chance at coming before I did that. I looked up at the cloudy sky. A small smile creeped onto my face as a black blob slowly flew closer.

I watched as Blackjack landed in the forest and trotted over to me.

"Hey, buddy." I smiled and stroked the bridge of his nose.

Hey Boss! The black Pegasus neighed.

"Could you give me a ride to camp?" I asked him.

Sure thing! Hop on! He said and turned his side to me. I crawled onto him and rested my hands on his neck at the lower part of his mane. He flapped with his wings as if stretching them, then he took off into the sky. I was almost falling off him when he took off, but somehow, I managed to stay on him.

I looked in the direction I had come from, I couldn't see the Avengers Compound, which meant I had come quite far in the amount of time I had ran. I let out a breath of relief and relaxed. For the first time in forever I could finally relax.

I watched the landscape as we flew towards camp.

I groaned. My back and head hurt. I rubbed my forehead and slowly opened my eyes. My head swayed as I looked around. Where was I? I was leaning against a tree at the bottom of a forest. I had no idea how I ended up here. I frowned. Where was Blackjack? I slowly got up with the help of the tree. The last thing I remembered was that I was on his back flying towards camp. Where was my trusty buddy? Had the Avengers found us?

My head hurt.

"Blackjack?" I yelled out. A sharp pain went through my head by the loud yell. I winced in pain and held my head. What had happened?