Chapter 17

Discussions. I don't like him.

Sitting with the Avengers around the dinner table with my ex and her new boyfriend, was awkward. Especially with Nathan around too. Annabeth and Nathan were eyeing each other suspiciously, and the Avengers tried to start up a conversation. Annabeth's new boyfriend, Matteo, tried to disappear into his chair, which I understood why, because I also wanted to disappear into my chair instead of being here.

I was slowly chewing my meal as I watched silently the eye daggers being thrown between Annabeth and Nathan. I had no idea why they didn't like each other - they had just met. But apparently there was this huge rivalry between them.

"Can you not look at me?" Annabeth broke the heavy silence and narrowed her eyes at Nathan.

"No." He answered shortly and threw a tomato into his mouth and slowly chewed it. His eyes looked intimidating as they were almost black and stared into Annabeth's soul.

"So uhm..." Matteo spoke up. "Since when do you live with the Avengers?" he asked curiously. I looked at him.

"Since they kidnapped me and arrested me."

"Wait what?" Annabeth's hair whirled around as she turned to look at me.

"Kind of embarrassing when you think about it," Tony muttered.

I nodded, agreeing to Tony's statement. It was quite embarrassing.

"Why did they arrest you?" Annabeth asked with a frown on her face.

I shrugged, "Probably because being a demigod means the Mist will find a way for mortals to comprehend all that is happening." I told her, "It's actually the Mist you should arrest," I looked at the Avengers. "The Mist is at fault for all the accidents all around the world. Which means you should also arrest the monsters; they aren't doing a great job at protecting the world either."

"Percy," Annabeth interrupted. I turned to her with a raised eyebrow. "Focus."

"Don't tell me what to do." I crossed my arms.

She sighed and pinched her nose, "Let's just concentrate," she mumbled then looked around at the table. "So, you're saying you keep having these blackouts?" she asked.

I rolled my eyes and nodded, "Yes, I've been saying that for a couple of days now."

"Okay, does anyone have any idea of what could be causing them?" Annabeth's grey eyes bore into each soul sitting at the table, and I honestly felt bad for the Avengers experiencing her piercing eyes.

"Our friends at camp suspects it might be the venti..." I started but Annabeth shook her head.

"No, Piper made them swear to never possess us again." She spoke.

"Wait, again?" Clint's eyes grew wide. "What is Venti?" he asked.

"No time to explain," my ex muttered then continued. "So, it cannot be them. Are there any other beings that can mess with your mind?" she asked.

"I don't know," I replied, "Usually you're the know-it-all." She groaned at my response.

"There might be one..." Tony spoke slowly and eyed Clint carefully. Clint's eyes grew to teacups.

"No." He shook his head. "Please don't say what I think you're about to say."

"Loki's scepter." Tony looked at me. I frowned. Loki's scepter? "It has the power to control a person. Clint was so lucky to try it in the alien attack."