Chapter 1: 'William J. Holmes'

"Please excuse me" William clutched the bundle of letters and got up from the couch as he swiftly made his way up the stairs, trying his best to not show any emotions towards the people in the living room because he can't handle any more thing right now.

As he got in his room, he quickly locked the door and finally let the emotions run free. He slowly slid down the door as his eyes widen, tears threatening to spill.

"Sherly.. Sherly.. you aren't gone.. you can't be gone..no..no" he whispered to himself repeatedly as tears streamed down his face.

This can't be right, no, Sherly cannot be gone.
I should've followed him, I should've gone with him.. I could have helped him but I just stayed here, waited and write letters for him! I'm such an idiot and now he's gone.. my Sherly is gone!

William hugged his knees as he muffled his sobs into his hand, being careful to not letting a sound escape. Upon calming himself down for a bit, he raised his head back up as untie the ribbon that is keeping the letter together. After untying it, he picked up the first one and decided to read it.

My dearest, William James Moriarty

William felt his eyes teared up again as he read the first line of the letter.

Liam, if somehow this letter is in your hand then I would like to say our farewell.

I know that you had expected me to come home in one piece, after all I did promise you that but I'm sorry.

When we say our 'temporary' farewell, I left out the details of my mission and I shouldn't have hid it from you. I should have tell you the details and let you tag along but this mission is deadly and I couldn't risk having you battling for your life.

Take care of yourself, darling. I will be protecting you as your personal ghost bodyguard. Before I end this letter, I would like to say that meeting you was an absolute pleasure.

When I caught your eyes on the Noahtic, I almost fell for you right then and there. Your ruby eyes were so.. tempting and that cheeky smirks of yours when you correctly described me.

As I sit here, writing down these words, my heart aches with a mixture of sorrow and love. The time has come for me to embark on a mission that will take me far away from you, and it pains me to know that this may be the last letter I ever write to you.

Liam, my love, you have been the light that guided me through the darkest moments of my life. Before meeting you, I was sure that I would die because of drug overdoses. Even John said that I would die. You opened my eyes to a new world, thank you for your efforts into making this world a better place.

Your unwavering support, your tender touch, and your gentle words have given me strength when I had none left. It is because of you that I found the courage to follow my convictions and pursue this mission, even though it meant leaving you behind.

Please remember, my sweet Liam, that I am not leaving you willingly. It is the call of duty that has led me down this path, and I can only hope that you understand the magnitude of my decision. Just like you had said, sometimes sacrifices are bound to be made, and I'm willing to sacrifice my life for the lives of those people. But know this, my love: if I had the power to choose, I would never leave your side.

In the days to come, when you find yourself missing me, remember our cherished memories. Recall the laughter we shared, the dreams we dared to dream together, and the love that enveloped us like a warm embrace. Hold onto those memories tightly, for they will be the strength that sustains you in my absence.

Liam, my heart's desire, promise me that you will live a life filled with joy and purpose. Please do not follow me into the afterlife because as I have said, I will follow you as your ghost bodyguard everywhere you go.

If this letter should indeed be my last, know that I depart this world with no regrets. I have loved you with every fiber of my being, and I am grateful for the time we shared. You have been my anchor, my solace, and my reason for being. Our love has been a gift beyond measure, and I am forever grateful for having had you in my life. Thank you for choosing to live and allow us to make these amazing memories together, Liam.

Until we meet again, my beloved Liam, know that you are cherished beyond words. May your heart find peace in the memories we created together, and may love guide you through the darkest nights. Farewell, my love, until eternity.
Let's meet again in the next and every life, my love.

I had always try to muster up my courage to say these last words to you but I am a coward and now here I am, writing my last letter to you and I deeply regret not saying these to you in person but nevertheless...

William James Moriarty, will you do the honor and become William J. Holmes?

Yours always and forever,

Sherlock Holmes