Ch25 On My Way Home

"We will leave in 15 minutes, everyone come back." Mr. Davis shouted near the bus as everyone hurried back to the bus.

We had stopped at a petrol station as people rushed to and from the washroom. Ben was getting last-minute snacks as Mr. Cruz walked on the bus with Mr. Davis's snacks in his hand.

"How much I wish someone could carry snacks for me too." pouted Ben as he struggled to climb onto the bus with hands full. Luke took some from his hands as Noah pulled him up by his now available hand.

"By the way, how is Nathan doing?" teased Noah. "I was waiting by the cliff and he never came." Ben and Noah high-fived laughing, even I was laughing at that.

The bus purred into life as the latecomers jumped in.

"Laugh all you want, nobody cares about my feelings," Nathan said dramatically flopping down.

"I think it's enough guys, remember at one point even we were skeptical about the whole situation." scolded Luke as he opened a fruit juice for Nathan. Noah still snickered though.

"You know how it feels, it feels incest and disgusting, OK? I am in shock right now." Nathan cried.

"I mean even I didn't expect they would be siblings," I added.

"Yeah they don't even look similar, Mr. Davis is tall and handsome with such a pretty face," said Nathan with huge dramatic gestures.

"You think Ms. Wilson is not pretty? She is tall and pretty too," said Luke smacking him on the back and making him choke on the juice.

"I didn't say she is not pretty, but she is different pretty, she is like bold pretty. Like broad lips, big eyes, and she has a nice body." Nathan clarified.

"He has plump lips, big eyes, and broad shoulders too." I contradicted his clarification.

"You guys know what I mean, they both just don't look like siblings." Nathan pouted.

"Stop it, you guys sound like perverts," said Noah with a disgusted face.

"That is true though, I could have never imagined it. That is why they were always eating together and giving lifts to each other," said Luke.

"Now that we are all in team Druz, let's just ship them peacefully. See they are eating snacks from the same packet." I said giddily pointing at our teachers who were sitting together sharing snacks.

Noah who was drinking juice from Nathan's can gave me a side eye.

"They just look couple type, OK?" I defended myself as he just shrugged.

"What are you guys going to do when we reach home?" asked Luke turning the conversation.

"We used up all our holidays here, so we will just go back to school," said Noah finishing the juice. We all felt silent with the knowledge of reality. Going back to our cells and studying, all the adventure now came to an end.

"When will you get married Miss?", A shrill voice asked from a distance as the whole bus became silent.

"We are not sure, but maybe after the school term.", she answered shyly.

"Why don't you wear your ring Miss?" asked a guy.

"Mostly teachers don't wear their rings, to keep things professional."

"So are there more teachers engaged in our school?" another student asked.

"Yes, even married.", she replied, which made everyone gasp.

"Is Mr. Brown married too?", asked the same student again.

"It's not my secret to tell," said Ms. Wilson glancing at the old, cranky Mr. Brown who was pretending like he couldn't hear a thing. "He is." Ms. Wilson mouthed as the kids giggled.

"You won't stop teaching us after getting married, won't you?" a girl asked sadly.

Ms. Wilson laughed as she explained how she'd stay and pester students for a long, long time. The buzz of excited students and Mr. Davis sleeping on Mr. Cruz's shoulder was the last scene in front of me as I fell asleep.

-------------

I dribbled the basketball, sweat from hours making my body reek but I couldn't back down from the challenge. Ms. Wilson blocked me and Jack blocked Jackson, I dribbled between my legs changing my direction in half a second, and passing the ball to Jackson, who ran back and passed me again. Ms. Wilson is an excellent player, and I know she is expecting me to shoot the basket, I can shoot it right now but I am pretty far, even with my skills I am not sure how high she can jump, which by looking at her smirk I guess is very high. I ran forward as she gave me a little space but was right there blocking my path.

I know what she will do, she thinks I'll shoot and she'll block me last minute. I fed her the illusion that I'd shoot but mid-jump at the very last second I passed the ball from behind to Jackson who immediately shot the ball in the basket. Mr. Cruz blew his whistle and just like that, Me and Jackson won with 2 points gap.

"I guess only Mr. Cruz can defeat you now Peter, you got good at this." Ms. Wilson said panting.

"I was taught by the best teacher, of course, I'll be good Ms," I said cheekily, as she grinned a little flustered.

"That was good, true leadership and sportsmanship.", complimented Mr. Cruz. He has complimented me a few times now, but it still feels surreal.

"Wow! You own two ships Peter!" remarked Ben making Luke roll his eyes.

"That reminds me, Nathan, your Mr. Davis wants you in the staff room tomorrow before my lecture." said Mr. Cruz paused then looked at us and said, "And you all can go too, might as well bring your ships, Peter." he chuckled at his own joke and stole the ball from my hand, walking away dribbling it.

"Even Mr. Cruz knows about your ships, why didn't you show me?" grunted Ben getting sulky.

"Ben do you see ocean near us?" asked Nathan to which Ben said no. "Then how do you think he could have shown us? You talk like an idiot." Nathan added scoffing. Luke rolled his eyes as hard I am quite sure he could have seen his brain.

I just packed my bag up with the intent of never meeting them again. Hope Mr. Davis has something better for us to do tomorrow because I swear this break from making dangerous plans has weakened their brains.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers!!!

Another scheduled chapter, hope you love it. I tried to highlight the friendship of Peter's little group, just because I am a loner and everyone deserves a friend like them.

Hope you enjoy it a lot and don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.