Ch13 Professional Chefs

I leaped up to throw the ball, and it soared up in the air loosing it's speed and falling perfectly inside the basket. All the students standing near the court clapped as my team won the match just before the time ended.

Mr. Cruz came clapping with Ms. Wilson as he patted me on the back, first pat ever from Mr. Cruz and it felt crazy good. First two days into the camp he was not present for our lunchtime matches, so I couldn't count that. But on the third day when he finally came to our match, he had been nitpicking on my every move and every step. Even Ms. Davis who actually is our sports teacher had never nagged me this much in my entire basketball career.

He would criticize my leg positions, my unsteady feet, my horrible passes and whatnot; all his words not mine. Because I know I am an average to good player and I have been to an NBA game, I am not saying I am of that level but at least I could get a basket or two there, yes I am that good.

But unfortunately Mr. Cruz does not think so and the first time in three days of watching me practice he had finally patted my back, that stone hearted, cold man. Sometimes the urge to leave him to deal with his painful crush on Mr. Davis himself got very strong but we are too deep in our plan to go back.

We went back to the place where the food was served and took our places next to the teachers table, who were discussing of organizing a bonfire.

"It's only the fifth day, what's the hurry?" asked Mr. Cruz.

"There is no hurry. We just want to celebrate our captain's victory." said Ms. Wilson.

"You do realize that the other team playing was also our school team, don't you?" asked Mr. Cruz coldly, but he does have a point.

"You can say whatever you want and be all your party pooper self, but we are going to have the bone fire whether you like it or not. Right Mr. Davis?" Ms. Wilson asked Mr. Davis cheekily.

"Yes, the kids would like it, we had been giving them hard time already, waking them so early and they even have to prepare their own food. And this basketball it's such a tiring game. But still they are so diligently doing it. We should organize a camp fire and prepare food for them, they deserve to rest." Mr. Davis said hurriedly, almost ranting in his usual style.

"You do realize that they are here for the basketball camp and it's their duty to do all this." said Mr. Cruz a little sweetly.

"No kid deserves to be treated like this, and you Mr. Cruz should keep your mouth shut on this matter we are doing it and if you wanna oppose so much then don't come and don't help. I surely could do that myself." Mr. David said with no actual bite in his words.

But Mr. Cruz only shook his head with fondness and said "Do whatever you want, I'll help as much as I can. It's not like I can say no to you."

"That's right." Mr. David said happily and started ranting his elaborated plans to the teachers which I am sure every student in the field could hear because of the high volume.

Mr. Brown looked completely uninterested and unbothered and kept eating like before. But Ms. Wilson had a notepad in her hands and was talking animatedly with Mr. Davis.

Mr. Cruz was just sitting gazing at Mr. Davis like he had hung moon and stars in the sky. How could a man be so whipped for someone, and how could that someone not see this man completely, utterly simping on him. It frustrated me at times, but it's not the place to shout at Mr. Davis how he should at least look at that man who is showering him with love with just his eyes. So I kept cool.

"-and we have Peter and his friends too, I heard they cook soo good. Some students even said they cook like chefs, and the meals we are eating are, are half made by them and half others, they cook that fast." came Ms. Wilson's voice which I payed attention after hearing my name.

I looked sideways to see all of my friends frozen in various stages of eating. Ben, who had food in his moth nearly chocked.

"What is she talking about?" I whisper asked them.

"More like gossiping about." whisper answered Nathan.

"She just said we could help with the cooking, since apparently she heard we are chefs from students." whispered Luke all serious.

"What are we going to do now?"  I whisper asked again.

"Oh Peter" Mr. Wilson sing-songed. Her malicious intensions clear in her eyes.

"Guess we are going to cook" whispered Nathan from behind with a sigh.

-----------------------

Such is life, one second we have everything, victory, peace, love; and the next second, nothing. All my victorious glory turned into paste which I am right now applying to this dumb meat to marinate it.

Rest of the students are enjoying, exploring and their laughter could be heard from miles, when we are here bathing that chicken with spices which aren't even alive. I mean right now it's good it's not alive, I won't admit it to anyone but I in fact am afraid of chicken.

But we still looked thousand times better than Mr. Cruz who looked like he was having a life and death situation. First he tried using the knife with it's cover on, dumb move. After when Mr. Davis did remove it, he still couldn't cut to save his life.

He was struggling so bad that I almost felt pity. Almost, because I still had the decency to look smug since I am better at cooking than him. And maybe he saw me looking smug that's why he dumped his cutting duty on me and started tailing Mr. Davis looking like a lost puppy. And hate to admit it but he could make a convincing cute puppy face which anyone could feel pity on. 

But maybe Mr. Davis was more hard hearted than I thought because he did gave him duty to stir the noodles, it is a different case that he had to take it away since Mr. Cruz tried stirring them with knife, he is a lost case.

"Hey, I have an idea." whispered Ben from behind as we all looked at him gesturing to speak.

"How about we make Mr. Cruz drink and then we'll make him spill all his feelings to Mr. Davis." He stated.

We all looked unconvinced but then Luke said. "It is evident in studies conducted, that alcohol do indeed make you speak the truth, it won't be too bad to at least try." 

"Ya what do we have to loose." said Ben trying to convince the rest of us.

I mean it is not that bad of an idea, I guess we could try. What are the chances that this time maybe they could confess to each other. Even the idea of it made me happy so I gave them a determined nod. 

We are going to do this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers!!!

Hope you like this new chapter, and what do you think of the new plan? Will it work or would it be cause of some great tragedy? 

Don't forget to COMMENT and VOTE!!!