Ch20 Bear Spray for Trash

"Okay, so the deal was simple, we don't go snooping around our teacher's love life and stop creating problems for ourselves too, right?" Luke asked with his hands on his hips. We all nodded from where we were crouched down.

"So why are you getting all these pictures of them?" he said angrily now. We stood up straight and looked around trying to look completely normal as we said, "we are not doing anything."

He just shook his head in disappointment as he walked away. We were standing near the wooden hut when we saw Mr. Cruz and Mr. Davis sitting together and well, they looked so cute together that we couldn't help but click a few pics. But a picture with Luke's angry face when he came in front of the camera made us realize that we were caught breaking our deal.

"It's so boring in the camp if we stop doing crazy plans and stalking." said Ben whining. After all the things that happened, we have all sworn to not meddle in their business, but these two days that had gone by were the most boring days of the camp. Even playing basketball with Mr. Cruz couldn't give back the excitement that comes from crazy plans.

"How about we explore this place? I heard people say that there is like a trail up to one of the hills. And they said it's really beautiful up there." suggested Noah as I raised my brow at him.

"Who have you been talking to?" I asked suspiciously. But he only snorted sarcastically and said,

"Me, talking to others? no, I just eavesdrop on conversations." 

"That's actually a pretty good idea, I even have hiking pole, I think I also remember packing flashlights." said Nathan and I, who have seen his bag can definitely believe he bought it with him.

Luke sighed and said ok to this tweaking thing and in no time we all were packed and ready to go. And because of obvious reasons, Nathan was the one with most things.

"That's not a water bottle is it?" asked Luke pointing at some spray bottle that is in Nathan's bag in place of a water bottle.

"Oh this, it is a bear spray, 98% effective against bears, even better than guns." Nathan said proudly. We all just shrugged as he equipped himself with his hiking pole, his hiking boots emitting squeaky sounds against the concrete ground.

We started walking up the hill on the trail already made. The trees on either sides were smaller at first but as we walked upwards, the trunks grew thicker and the leaves more closer and soon we were walking surrounded by trees where even light had difficulty to penetrate.

"It's scary, isn't it?" asked Ben and I nodded.

"Wait let me pull out my phone, I'll open the flashlight." I said rummaging in my bag.

"Don't worry Peter I'll take care of it." said Nath as I looked back to see him holding a 100 watt metal torch. He switched it open and the light burst through it's end, lighting up the entire trail.

And just like that we once again set out reach our destination. The trees started thinning as we went up but the sun has already started to descend by now. And just like our bad fates, the torch gave a start and died down. Nathan started hitting it repeatedly but it would start at a slap and again stop.

"This was the heavy junk you bought with you?" asked Noah eying is torch.

"I don't know what happened to it? Dad said it worked great when he went camping five years back." said Nathan frustrated still hitting the torch.

"Five years!!!!!" nearly shouted Luke. "Please don't tell me, you all never used it again before this?" 

"No, it was never needed." Nathan replied still hitting the poor torch.

Suddenly in the semi darkness, we heard something move, coming from the trees in the front. Noah gestured us to be quite as the trees in front of us shook a little. We all backed up and hid behind the trees on the left of the trail, moving backwards as slowly and silently as we can. Just then from the trees came Jeffery and some of his friends who were laughing and creating a scene by hitting the trees with iron rods, and throwing random things around.

I took a breath of relief that at least it's not an animal. We all were going to come out as there was no immediate danger when Luke stopped us.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as he pulled up Ben's phone and started recording.

"Getting evidence, they are littering and destroying public property." he hissed as he stood on his tip-toes to get a better angle.

"Hey Jeff, do you think they opened the file?" asked one of them.

"If they would have, then that Cruz would have figured out why we sneaked into their tent." answered Jeffery swinging his iron pole.

"What does that file even have that you went to his tent to get it?" asked another of his friend.

"You remember when that Davis played the game with me, he got suspicious of me and did a blood test. That file has it's results." said Jeffery nonchalantly.  

"Dude, wasn't it after that big game, in which you took steroids." said his first friend loudly, as he shushed him up.

"Yeah, I am not sure if it will come in the blood test though, he did the test a month later." said Jeffery as he passed the tree where we were hiding. I held my breath for them to pass but suddenly one of his friend smashed his iron rod against the tree next to ours and Luke let out a small shriek.

They all looked back and spotted us along with the camera in which they were clearly captured. Jeffery gave me a mean look as they started getting close to us swinging their iron rods in air. My throat closed up with fear and my head started supplying my last words when suddenly Nathan came forward and attacked them all with bear spray in their eyes. We all ran for our lives when they fell down crying in pain, rubbing their eyes.

We ran and ran in an unknown direction until we could not hear a soul, not even the birds.

"We should go to Mr. Cruz, we have to tell them." said Luke panting. 

Just then we looked around, shit WE ARE LOST!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another update for you guys hope you like it!!!!

And don't forget to COMMENT and VOTE!!!!