Ch17 Only Clips could Hold up a Tent

"So, as you all know, someone has spiked Mr. Davis's drink. And we are going to catch the criminal right now." Mr. Cruz said in loud voice, and all five of us broke into cold sweat.

He extended his hand, from which dangled a cool looking chain. " Now who's going to tell me about this chain's owner?" Mr. Cruz asked, and my breath stopped.

My heart started thumping in my chest, it was Noah's chain.

"Is this yours's?" asked Mr. Cruz to Noah.

"No sir, I do wear chain like this, but mine is with me." Noah said confidentially, as he pulled out another very similar looking chain from his pant pocket and held it up for everyone to see.

It felt as if I could breathe again as Noah started giving very convincing excuses.

"Many people have chains like that Sir. I usually wear them, but I haven't been wearing them much in the camp because of basketball practices." Mr. Cruz only nodded as he started asking everyone if they know who lost theirs. But as expected no one said anything, mainly because they are innocent and secondly, they won't say anything about Noah, so we are safe right now.

"So nobody will say anything?" Mr. Cruz asked with strict voice. "All right then, we'll see how the culprit would defend themselves when I present the other evidence in front of the principal." 

I looked around, all four of the co-culprits looked like they had seen a ghost so I nudged them to control their expressions. But Mr. Cruz did not notice us much, since all the students in the field were shocked.

Mr. Cruz simply smirked and happily walked out of the field, like he had some nuclear codes that nobody could access apart from him. 

As soon as he left the field, we all ran towards our tent.

"What do you think he has?" asked Ben.

"Did you loose something else?" asked Luke to Noah.

"No, I wasn't even sure I had lost my chain in the hut. I just took that with me for extra precaution." he said as we all walked around the tent nervously, where Nathan was lying in between watching us all with half opened eyes.

"Was I wearing my lion ring there?" asked Ben mainly to himself as he dunked his head in his luggage trying to find out what he lost.

"Wasn't I reading 'how to marinade chicken' book before, did I leave it there?" said Luke as he too dunked his head in the luggage.

"Maybe it was one of my sports band?" I said nervously, dunking my head in my luggage.

After hours of searching, we all sat down with a huff, finding every single thing that we brought still safely in our bags.

"I loose things on every trip, but now, even the dust particles that I brought from home are in my bag." said Luke sighing.

"Every one of my rings are here." said Ben showing a handful of metal bands.

"All of my chains, rings even piercings are here." sighed Noah.

"You can't accidentally loose your piercings can you?" asked Luke raising a brow.

"Well, if I can loose a whole chain then there are chances to loose a piercing, beside I had once accidentally flushed one in toilet. So, I can never be too sure." Noah answered as we all nodded in understanding.

Nathan snored again as he laid there sleeping, with made Luke suddenly get up.

"Nathan" he shouted, waking up the said person with a start. "What if Nathan lost something?"

"Yes, we should check his bag too." I suggested as Ben ran and dumped Nathan's bag in between and we all started checking everything. But what greeted was surely the most unexpected mess.

"Don't touch my bag you all." said Nathan's weak but firm voice.

"But what is all this?" I asked gesturing the mess of random things in his bag. Luke pulled out few wooden clips, which were supposed to be used for hanging clothes. "Where were you thinking of hanging your clothes with this?" I asked.

"Oh, these are just for emergency purposes, like fixing the tent. How did you think the tent was merged so easily. It has many of them in it. And well for the clothes, I bought hangers, not clips." Nathan said.

Luke pulled out a mesh of undefined hangers and said, "Oh, I can see that."

"And what's this?" Ben said, pulling out rolled plastic that looked like mat.

"Oh, I totally forgot about it. That's my hammock." said Nathan proudly.

"And what do you need this three plug outlet for?" asked Noah pulling out the outlet, at least it was mini.

"Oh, that is important, I once read an article about it. Can help in charging multiple phones at once." he said with a grin, like he did all this for us.

"We aren't even using our phones, there are nearly no signals in here." said Luke, tired of Nathan's shit.

"It's just a precaution, don't be so aggressive. And no need to shout on me, I am still sick." Nathan snapped and laid down again, sulking.

"But I wasn't even shouting." complained Luke.

"He is still hangover, he might actually be thinking you were shouting." said Noah asking Luke to calm down.

"I thought only Ben was an idiot, but Nathan turned out to be a bigger one." said Luke under his breath.

"Hey, I heard that!" came the voice of both the people talked about.

"So how are we gonna find out what he has of us?" I asked.

"There is only one way to do that." said Luke. And we all looked at him, even Nathan got alert.

"We would have to steal it from him." Luke completed, for a whole minute all we could hear was a pin drop silence which was broken by Nathan's snort. 

"Even this sick, I can tell you to never do that." said Nathan snorting again at the dumb idea.

"Yeah, stealing from Mr. Cruz's tent is like putting your hand in lion's mouth." said Ben.

"What other choice do we have." I said as Nathan and Ben looked at me like I have grown another head. But Luke agreed, so like always majority wins.

That would mean, us going into Lion's den, I mean Mr. Cruz's tent and steal whatever he has against us.

God, just let us come out alive, was the only thing in out minds as we sat down to discuss another of our million dollar plan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovely readers!! Hope you like this chapter as well!!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!!! 

And do tell me how you like the story so far.