Task 2: "Being A Sponsor"

A/N: Task involved choosing one of the three sponsors of the Games and write their pov through our tribute's reaping and them weighing pros and cons regarding sponsoring my tribute. This is the first task to be scored, dead-line is June 18th, but I finished early so posted this June 16th. Excited for the scores...

Neith's pov:
It's so obvious: I am surrounded by morons. Seriously, Roux and Turt never know when to shut the hell up about their sexual appetites or what an 'art' it is to actually be as good-looking as they are etc. We are not here to brag about our achievements. If we were, I'd make sure to shut them up as the youngest ever Secretary of Defense in Panem. However, I don't because that's not what I'm here to do. I'm here to sponsor tributes. I keep studying the screen in my hand as both Turt and Roux trip over something and at the same time try to get over the 'harsh' comments that they've received from some of the bolder tributes.

"Can you believe that kid from 5? He called me freaking ugly. He's supposed to be begging for me to sponsor him. Hah, in his dreams now!" Turt grunts as a grin unexpectedly forms on my face. "No, Turt, not his dreams, it'd be in his nightmares if you were to ever sponsor him..." I let out careless without bothering to see his reaction. For one, I found myself enjoying the boy's session. Both Roux and Turt were served up pretty good while I got off easy. Seriously, he didn't even scratch the surface with the 'patsy-tributes from 2' comment. If he kills them, it'll be because he is better than them. It will not hurt my feelings at all.

"You two are far too easy to manipulate. When I think about it, it's actually a wonder I haven't done it myself...oh, wait, that's when I remember: I couldn't be bothered." I let out as I finally look up at them from the screen I'm holding in my hand. They both turn towards me with irritated looks. They don't really like me. I suppose they don't like someone younger than themselves, being the Secretary of Defense of Panem. Even less do they like that the very same person is a sponsor in the same Games as them. "That boy didn't even scratch the surface because I didn't care about what he said. I know what I stand for...you two obviously don't when you're being that touchy."

I put the screen down and get up on my feet. Obviously, they are both just going to go for someone else that they like, rather than doing a thorough research on all of them before making up their minds. "Why are you even bothering talking about him if you're not in a million years going to sponsor him? Why don't you either pick someone who's good enough to be a model when they win or someone that looks so good that you'd do her...or him." I let out as I turn my head distinctively towards Turt at the last mention. "You've got some nerves, woman..." I squint at Turt right away and clears his throat. "Ms. 'Secretary of Defense'..." Turt mocks. "Careful, Turt, if I snap only a little bit, you won't have any balls try and match my nerves..."

I walk out of the room and head back towards my private suite. I have a decision to make. I've got a few candidates that I need to consider carefully before making it. Skylar Specks, the tribute from 5 might be on that list, or he might not. It's none of Roux' or Turt's business. The thing is, the boy from 5 did capture my attention, unlike a majority of the other tributes, including the Careers.

He's made me so curious I consider torturing myself through the reaping in District 5 just to see how real he is...or isn't. I suggested that for my two other fellow sponsors, but they're probably just gonna go for anyone but the one that had the nerve to speak up to them. District 5 isn't a district to capture my attention. I barely acknowledge that it exists if I'm perfectly honest, but Skylar Specks might be the one to put it on the map for me.