𝗖 𝗵 𝗮 𝗜 𝘁 𝗲 𝗿 ¹⁶

★・・・・・・★

I awoke to the soft touch of the dawn's first light, its gentle rays cascading through the window and brushing against my face like the caress of feathers. With bleary eyes, I squinted against the brightness, recognizing that morning had arrived.

As I blinked and tried to focus, I noticed the warmth surrounding me. I instinctively grasped onto it, pulling the warmth closer and snuggling into its comforting embrace. There it was again, that familiar fragrance that had been sparking new emotions within me, drawing me away from the void that had been my constant companion.

Opening my eyes fully, I saw her resting beside me, peacefully asleep. Her arms were wrapped around my waist, her face nestled against my chest. Her slow, steady breaths indicated she was deeply relaxed.

I sighed and allowed myself to lean closer to her, unable to deny the emotions she stirred within me.

I had fought so fucking hard to resist her, to maintain my distance.

But she had a way of pulling me in, just like a moth drawn irresistibly to a flame.

Ashley breathed out a soft, airy sigh as she nestled her face into my chest, clinging to me tightly as though she feared I might slip away.

Our intimate moment was unexpectedly interrupted by a knock on the door. With great care, I managed to extract myself from her grasp. I gently removed her hands from my body and covered her with the blanket, trying not to disturb her as she squirmed and settled back into her peaceful sleep.

I made my way to the door and opened it to find my son, Ju, in my mother's arms. Both of them wore bright, infectious smiles that warmed my heart. My mother seemed to sense the situation, so I took Ju into my arms and held the door open for her.