PART FOUR | Sushi

Start from the beginning

Then I deleted that too. I don't even know how to react after that.

I sat in silence for the next 10 minutes, until the door knocked again.

It took me longer than usual to stand up and make my way over there.

Opening the door, Rhea stood there again the same as usual. Just a smaller smile. She had that same bag, but then another plastic white one. That smelt delicious. "Can I come in?" She asked me quietly.

I nodded, and moved to the side to let her in.

She came in, putting the bag near mine and the plastic one she kept in her hand, sitting it front of her on the floor. I watched as she started unpacking it, containers of something.

Rhea looked up at me. "Come and eat, I got us sushi." She opened the containers and many sushi rolls. Colourful and covered in beautiful garnishes.

"I've never had sushi." I told her, slowly sitting across from her and examining the food between us.

Rhea handed me chopsticks, and I hesitantly took them. I tried to hold them, but very awkwardly failed. I saw Rhea smile a tad at me out of the corner of her eye. "I can't use these-"

"Open." Rhea whispered. I looked at her and she had a piece of sushi between her chopsticks, just in front of my face. "It's a salmon and avocado roll." She told me. "It's really nice." She brought it closer to me, wanting me to eat it from her.

I was still a bit nervous to eat from her.

"Do you like fish?" Rhea asked me again, staring at me with deep eyes. I nodded. "Try it, you can spit it out if you don't like it."

Pushing past the hesitancy, I lent in, looking at Rhea. She watched me, heat scorching through my body for some reason. I nearly looked away as I ate the sushi, taking it completely in my mouth.

Rheas jaw twitched as I started chewing softly on the piece. She looked down and picked up a piece herself and ate it.

I swallowed it. "It's really nice."

Rhea smiled, swallowing her piece. "I told you it's good. Here, try this one." Rhea picked up a new one and held it out to me. "It's a spicy tuna. You like spice?"

I shrugged. "I don't really know. I've never had something really spicy."

"What about tuna?"

"I think I've had it before. I don't cook or decide what I eat." I told her.

She's sat back a bit. "What do you mean you don't decide what you eat?"

I shrugged. "My father prepares the food and serves it for me. He packs my fridge for me here." I pointed to the fridge nearby.

Rhea looked over my shoulder curiously, her eyebrows creased in some anger. She put the sushi down, and stood up, going to walk over to the fridge. She opened it and inspected it, rifling through the items inside. Opening a few containers and examining the contents. "This is barely food, Kat. No protein, no carbs. Aren't you tired?" She shut the fridge and started walking back.

I looked down to the food. "I've never eaten much meat or like bread or rice or anything."

"Why?" She asked, not picking up the chopsticks again. She was just lent on her knees, watching me and making sure I was going to answer her.

I looked to the wall. "Dancers are usually really thin. Father wants me to look like mother did, skinny."

Rhea tilted her head. "You're already rather thin, Kat. It would be unhealthy if you were to get any more smaller."