Sicko's Heart (.7)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah."

"I was on shift last night!" Beauty said in disbelief.

"On 'shift'? Beauty, what exactly-" Beast started asking.

"I'm not a prostitute, you idiot! I work the front desk!" Beauty frowned at him.

Beast stuttered for a bit. Processing the information his wife had just given him. "Still... This is no place for someone like you. I mean, look-"

Beauty stopped him again. Clearly uncomfortable. "Can we please not talk about this?"

"Was anyone acting suspicious? Maybe moving a heavy piece of luggage, or, uh... He got the body out of here somehow," Bigby asked Beauty.

"Jesus Christ," Beauty shook her head. "No, no, I didn't see anything like that! It just seemed like a totally normal night. How is that even possible? There's so much blood"

Bigby turned to Beast. "Go lock the front door. Keep people out of the hallway. I need you to be sure no one comes in here. This is a crime scene. Okay?"

"But-"

"Just do what he says. I'll explain later...okay?" Beauty said to him.

Beast reluctantly did as he was told. Leaving Bigby and Beauty standing in the room alone.

"Bigby, what kind of a person could do something like this?"

"That's exactly what I'm about to try to find out."

Bigby walked up to the bed. It seemed like the logical place to start.

"It looks like she was lying down when she was killed. Flowers were already here."

"How do you know that?" Beauty questioned.

"Blood pattern," Bigby told her. "Also, I'd say the body was dragged off the foot of the bed."

"The Body?!" Beauty frowned. "Jesus, you could say she! That poor girl. I couldn't even imagine..."

Bigby found himself looking over the desks next. Some things didn't really stand out to him. And then there were some that just confused him more.

Ashtray with used huff n puff cigarettes, a bottle of wine (classy), and a forgotten bottle of perfume.

Then there was the fake bird that had fallen on the floor and a tape titled 'for my arrival'.

Something that did catch his interest was a fairly thick book sitting there. It was written in a langue Bigby didn't recognise. He opened it to find that it had a bunch of notes written throughout it, even more text crossed out, and several different sticky notes on different pages.

The illustration was of a giant woman with various plants weaved into her hair. She was holding a child in each of her hands. Smiling proudly. The post-in just said 'Beautiful'.

"What is that?" Beauty asked.

"I think it's about Catriona and Emmanuel's family," Bigby guessed. "How, at least how the mundies saw them."

Bigby flicked through the book. Finding a ton of different notes pasted through it. There were two that caught his eye.

The first was of Catriona and Emmanuel. Catriona was covered in the same blue flowers from the bed, and Emmanuel had a bird on his shoulder that was similar to the one on the table.

They each seemed to have notes about them on each side of the page. Things like 'thief' and 'lied to her' on Emmanuel's side. Catriona's side was strange. 'She should have been mine' and 'if only she were more like her mother'.