While reviewing the pictures, Sven's eyes wandered to the nearby haunted house attraction. A secret evil grin spread across his face as he imagined Elysia getting scared of the ghosts and clinging to him for dear life.

He nudged Elysia, drawing her attention away from the photos. "Let's go there," he pointed towards the haunted house and looked at her expectantly.

"Haunted House?" Elysia read the sign and then turned to him. Sven nodded enthusiastically.

"All right, let's give it a try," she said, standing up and placing the photos in her bag, ready for their next adventure.

Sven raised his eyebrows in surprise, slightly taken aback by Elysia's willingness to venture into the haunted house. He quickly accompanied her to the ticket booth, and together, they entered the dimly lit atmosphere of the haunted house.

Elysia looked around in fascination, taking in the eerie effects and surroundings with wide-eyed curiosity. Sven, on the other hand, trailed behind her, bewildered by her unexpected behavior. As he contemplated this, a ghost suddenly appeared, startling Sven so much that he instinctively punched the ghost in the face.

Elysia jumped in response, and Sven grabbed her shoulders, causing the ghost to wince in pain.

"Sorry, it was a surprise, my friend didn't mean it," she quickly apologized, giving Sven a disapproving look and gesturing for him to apologize to the ghost.

"Ah, sorry about that," Sven apologized to the ghost and hurriedly pulled Elysia forward.

"Are you scared?" Elysia asked, concerned, as they passed the ghost.

"I'm not scared. I was just pretending so that he wouldn't be discouraged," he quickly explained. "Do you think these little things can scare... Oh, you, f&#*&$#*&!" Sven's bravado was cut short as a peculiar-looking zombie suddenly appeared in front of them, and a series of curses escaped his mouth instinctively.

Elysia gave Sven a disapproving glance, discreetly reminding him to mind his language. She then turned to the zombie-like creature, waved politely, and smiled.

Sven's jaw almost hit the floor at her response. Even the zombie-like creature appeared briefly taken aback and stopped its act to wave back politely.

As they passed him, Elysia turned to Sven and said, "Here!" She patted her arm. "Hold me; you won't be scared. I'll protect you and take you out safely," she smiled encouragingly without an ounce of mockery.

Sven felt his ears heat up. "I told you, I'm not scared; it's just sudden," he defended himself.

Elysia nodded in understanding. "So, you don't need to hold me? Then let's go." She was about to proceed when Sven held her arm instantly.

"It's not because I'm scared; it's just because I'm respecting your offered help," Sven commented bravely, contrasting his words, as he held Elysia's arm for dear life.

Throughout their time inside the haunted house, Sven kept his gaze fixed on Elysia, never once raising his head as she protected him from the weird appearing creatures and ensured their safe exit, just as she had promised.

"There, we're safe now," Elysia announced cheerfully, looking at Sven, who was still clinging to her arm and gazing at her in a daze.

She snapped her fingers in front of him, breaking his trance. He quickly withdrew his hand and cleared his throat, turning his gaze away.

"I wasn't scared," he mumbled, running a hand through his hair, hiding his embarrassment. Elysia tiptoed and gently patted his head, causing Sven to freeze, he almost forgot breathing at her unexpected gesture.