The man just isn't happy without her, i've got to accept it. Adrik for some reason does. I may be hoping that the reason he does is me.

"-Bitter." Jason's words are cut off as Stefano cues in a little too late. Staring up at the two large screens, each one holding a different face.

Stefano's forehead creased as his darkened eyes favored his wife's side of the tv screen more than the boy sitting next to her. Letting his eyes glance around her features and relaxing a bit before turning his head over to Jasons side.

As does Adrik.

I turn my attention away from him. Instead watching Jason intently, staring into his eyes, and without him having any idea. My head tilts, noticing his fingers interlocking on the steering wheel. A habit he does when nervous.

Everyone has a flaw.

They're very easy to pick up on.

"He's nervous." I glare.

Unlike Jason, Carmen doesn't have an give aways. Other than her ironic cheek biting, she doesn't act on it when nervous, but thinking. That little girl is always holding thoughts in that head of hers.

"His fingers Stefano." Adrik points up at the screen, Adrik walks closer to take a look, showing the obvious. Brows lifting with unease, the two men's heads turn to look at each other in thought.

"Carmen doesn't bother him. He's up to something. He planned this." Adrik spoke, eyes flickering back and forth between the screens and me.

Carmen suddenly leans forward, gaining our full attention. Snapping her head over to his and back out of the window, taking a double take.

"I knew this would happen." She spoke breathlessly, leaning further back into her seat. Licking her lips, she keeps her gaze straight ahead, just as Jason does.

"You passed it. You passed the store." She continues to spew. Voice calm.

"We've got a stop first."

"I told Stefano we'd be right back."

"Let's not get rowdy, you tried kicking the man upside the head like five minutes ago. I have a little errand, it's fine. I'll be quick. Stop fucking flipping. A few more hours won't hurt anyone."

"Hours?" She gave him a disgusted look.

"I'm not spending hours with you!" Her voice had him rolling his eyes.

"I'm so sorry that I don't care, princess." He spits, sending an unfocused her ways.

That's when things turn. Literally.

Her entire body shifts, knocking her into the side of the door. If it wasn't for Carmen's hand flying out to cover the space between her head and the window. It would've been bloody.

The car took a sharp and violent turn onto a dirt road. The dusted dirt flew up from behind the car, it's noticeable through the back window. 

"We're being followed." Jason's eyes scanned the windshield with awareness. His gaze bouncing back and forth between the view ahead and the rear view mirror.

Making Carmen look back in confusion.

"No we aren't, you're being paranoid."

"You're oblivious."

"No one is following us, what are you doing? What's the point of this." Carmen asks as the car comes to a sudden halt. Throwing her forward, Jason's hand flies out to catch her from hitting her head on the shield.

"Get out, let's go, come on. Move it barbie." He unbuckles her seatbelt and then his own. Removing himself from the car before she could get over her shocked state.