Chapter 10: Its not just paranoia

Buckle up. Action is gonna start picking up.

It was their first day were the band was gonna be playing their new gig at "Nick's uncle's" club and they only had a few hours to rehearse before they needed to leave. Julie has yet to take Flynn's advice and tell Luke her answer, and Luke hasn't asked Julie again because he fears the reason she hasn't answered is because she doesn't feel the same.

They were rehearsing one of their new songs called What a Ride and it was about everything that happened after they met, more so spoken through metaphors so they didn't give the whole ghost thing away.

"It's sounding great guys." Julie says.

"Alex you were killing it." Reggie says. He always made sure to give Alex extra encouragement during practices right before a performance to help his self confidence. To remind him he was amazing, the best drummer ever. Of course, these compliments weren't "just because", he meant every one of them with his whole heart.

"Thanks Reg." Alex says.

"Hey, your dad said you'd be in here." Nick walks into the studio. Reggie takes a couple steps back, standing closer to the rest of the band as if for protection.

"Nick, hey." Julie says. "What are you doing here?" She says through a smile. A smile to cover up the fact she was nervous, why was he here?

"What's he doing here?" Luke sighs.

"That's what she just asked him." Alex says. "Chill man."

"I just wanted to wish you luck tonight. Not that you need luck. You and your holograms are amazing."

No one else noticed it, because they weren't paying attention to it, but Reggie noticed. The way the word "holograms" left his mouth was like a slithering snake. Like he knew they weren't holograms. He also looked up and gave Reggie a quick glance as he said the word as if communicating with him.

"Guys, see what I mean! He just looked right at me, and his tone and everything. He knows something." Reggie says, clearly frightened by what was happening. The more he saw Nick, the more he was convinced it was really Caleb and he was terror any of his friends getting hurt.

"Thanks Nick." Julie says. "But me and my holograms actually have some finishing work to do, so if you wouldn't mind leaving?" Julie says, crinkling her nose and smiling awkwardly wishing she nicer wording.

"Of course not. Can't wait to see yo guys perform." He smiles and one last time glances at Reggie, smirking.

Reggie gently hits Alex's arm to get his attention since he couldn't grab anyone's the first time. "See, look, he's staring at me!"

Alex looks at Nick, who now was no longer looking at Reggie and turning around to leave.

"Okay." Alex sighs.

"He was. I swear."

"Reggie, if you are too uncomfortable doing this gig because of Nick, it's okay. We don't have to do it." Julie says, trying to be understanding. "I get it, okay paranoia can add a lot of stress and-"

"I'm not paranoid!" Reggie says.

"Look, I don't like Nick either, but even I don't think he's evil." Luke says.

"It's not that I don't like him, I don't think Nick's evil, I think he's being possessed by Caleb." Reggie says. He was so confused as to why this was happening to him. Why does it have to be him that's noticing all of this? They'd believe it if were anyone else saying this. "Why doesn't anyone get it." He sighs getting frustrated to the point his eyes stung with tears but he wouldn't dare cry in front of them.