Vol. 6 Chp. 5: Returning

Start from the beginning

Kagurazaka...

He was wearing a necklace around his neck. Hanging off the chain were a Maine Coon and a crow.

That cat belonged to his mother... The crow must represent someone else.

Kagurazaka's POV

I don't think it was a good idea to come to class, but I'm already here.

I made my way over to my desk and sat down.

"So, are you back for good?" Chabashira-sensei broke the silence.

I nodded.

~Timeskip~

The first person to approach me was Hirata with a smile, "We're glad that you're back."

'How many points did our class lose?' I asked.

I was worried that we had lost over fifty points from my being absent. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire class were upset with me.

"Ten points," Hirata gave me a reassuring smile, "Don't worry; we understand that you needed time for yourself."

Someone punched my shoulder and burst out laughing, "We hope you're doing well," I turned to see Sudou.

A girl appeared in my vicinity, "Kagurazaka-kun... here," it was Inogashira. She held both her hands toward me, holding a handmade crow plushie.

"I-it's not much, but... Ichihashi-san mentioned making a c-crow for you..."

I was surprised to receive a gift, but I gently took it from Inogashira's hands. I patted the top of her head, 'Thank you.'

Inogashira blushes and smiles, "N-no problem!" She said.

I was getting overwhelmed as more of my classmates wanted to see how I was doing, but I was lucky that Hirata managed to get them to back off.

~Timeskip~

Kagurazaka's dreamscape

3rd POV

Kagurazaka was back at his home. He entered the house and walked toward the kitchen, where his aunt and mother were waiting for him.

"My baby is back," his mother said.

"How are you feeling, Noro?" His aunt asked.

'I'm fine...'

"We don't have much time to stay here," his mother looked at him with sorrow, "I wish I could spend more time with you."

She got up from her seat, made her way over to him, and pulled him into her embrace.

'What?' Kagurazaka thought before hearing a cracking noise.

His eyes widened as he pulled away as he saw the cracks increase on his mother's body. He could feel his eyes starting to water, 'No... please...'

"Don't cry," his mother had a tearful expression as she smiled, "I'm glad that I was able to see you one more time before I disappeared. You will always be my baby boy whom I love and cherish," he watched his mother fade away.

He looked at where his aunt was sitting, but she wasn't there anymore. The only thing that was left was a note on the counter. Walking over, he picked up the note and read it.

This isn't how I wanted to part ways with you, but I wouldn't have enough time to tell you something. You're an intelligent young man, but you should be careful of Ayanokouji. He isn't an average person at all. 

Next day

Kagurazaka's POV

The results were announced after the 4th period the next day.