Drunken realisations

Start from the beginning

"We're fucked. Let's just hope they're worse off." Sapnap waved his hand.

Dream was suddenly inside the area, a glowing orange vest and a gun in his hand. He did not see where everyone ran off too, but there was a loud countdown beginning for the start of the round, so he ran, laughing when he could already hear screams.

It was an extremely chaotic game, no surprises there. Screaming, swearing, running, tackling, falling. It's a miracle no one was hurt. Dream could not stop laughing, as he chased and was chased. He wasn't even sure who he was supposed to be shooting. It was a mess, to be honest.

"I'm on your team, Dream!" Bad shouted, and Dream realised he was just shooting him over and over.

"My bad, Bad." Dream cackled, and ran off again.

He rounded a corner and collided straight into someone, the two of them falling to the floor. Dream was on top, and he immediately sat up, shooting the vest below him.

It took him a second to realise it was same colour as his own. And it took him an extra few seconds to realise it was George, who he was currently straddling on the ground. The brunet just looked up at him, amused. Since Dream has not stopped laughing.

"Oh, it's you." Dream breathed out, flopping forward again. George laughed, and tried to shove him off, but Dream didn't budge.

"Get up! We're going to get shot if we stay." George said. Dream just wrapped his arms around George.

"No. I'm comfy. And sleepy."

"I'm not comfy. You're crushing me, and these vests are digging into me!" George huffed.

Dream lifted himself up slightly, to look at George's face. The fluorescent lights in the arena were lighting up the amusement and fake annoyance on his face. Dream just smiled back, and poked George's cheek.

"Get off me, idiot."

"You're comfy though." Dream sighed.

"Well you're crushing me."

"That's ok."

"Dream." George laughed, still trying to push him off, but he was clearly not trying very hard, since Dream didn't budge. "You're ridiculous." He sighed.

"Yeah." Dream just looked at his face, admiring the way the lights danced across his skin, and reflected in his eyes. George's eyes were always so pretty, and they haven't changed one bit.

George himself was always pretty. And even though he's slightly older now, Dream still thinks he's the most beautiful person he's ever known. Maybe that's just his past self making him biased.

Dream's eyes settled on George's lips for a moment. He wondered if George would kiss the same as he did before, and if Dream would love it as much. Would it feel like how it did years ago? Would it feel different, weird?

"Dream." George whispered, a hand coming up to brush against Dream's cheek. His touch was like electricity, and Dream pulled away immediately, eyes wide.

He can't do it. Not again. No. It hurt so much last time.

Dream scrambled off of George and stood up, stumbling backwards, eyes still stuck on the boy who slowly got to his feet, watching Dream with concern.

"It's alright." George said gently, a small smile on his face.

"No." Dream turned around and ran away. He ended up running in Nolan, who shot him repeatedly until Dream hid in a corner out of sight.

He hid in the corner for the rest of the round, breathing heavily and thinking of the past. He also realised how much the room was spinning, and how the florescent lights were giving him a headache.